Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Mont-Tremblant 2018
Quote | Reply
With less than a month to go, who's in? How's everyone's training going?

This will be my 4th Tremblant and Im psyched!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont-Tremblant 2018 [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unable to run due to plantar fasciitis and other foot issues. 😪

Had to bail, but at least I was able to defer to next year.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont-Tremblant 2018 [helo guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brutal man, sorry to hear about that. Had a small stint with that and it felt debilitating for sure. Next year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. We had a baby at the beginning of the year so this has been kind of an experiment. It has been a case of how little can I train and still feel good about finishing for me. I feel reasonably good about my cycling. I've been averaging around 7 hours a week, all high intensity. My swim will be pathetic as I will only have about a dozen swims under my belt but good enough for a 1:35 or so with out putting in much effort. The run is a wild card. My long run is 9 miles so I don't have much expectation there. Regardless I'm still pretty excited. I'm realizing doing an Ironman slowly while suffering is better than not doing one at all. We are taking a week up there as a vacation so it will be a nice change of pace. Lets pray for good weather!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be there! I did the half in June and loved the course and pretty much everything about that experience. I had achilles problems last year, but so far this year no issues. (knocking on wood and all that) Most of all my wife and daughter love it there, so everyone wins.

Team Zoot
2019 Sponsors: Canyon Bikes, Garmin, Smith Optics, Gatorade, Zealios Skin Care & Sun Protection, Speedfill Products, Base Performance, Ottolock, Theragun, Boco Gear, ORR Carbon Wheel Systems, Giddy Up Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont-Tremblant 2018 [guy2600] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think we are in the same boat with regards to training. Working 75 hours/week isnt exactly conducive to ironman training, but I agree with you...a slow suffer is better than not doing anything at all. Too many studs around here on ST...the overworked family MOP guys have to stick together. See you out there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking forward to racing Tremblant for a 3rd time. It was my first Ironman in 2013. I raced last year and was having a great day until I crumbled 30k into the run. Hoping to get some redemption this year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep. Same boat as everyone else, work, kids, etc.
I've done every 70.3 there, and this will be my 5th full IM there. Strictly MOP, I'll be incredibly happy if I break 12 hours.... :)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont-Tremblant 2018 [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will be there - my first IMMT - 3rd IM (IMMD and IMLP).

BOP here aspiring to MOP -- Looking forward to improving on my 13 hr IMLP time
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in and excited. Haven't raced an IM since 2009 in Louisville so it should be interesting to see how almost a decade impacts my results. Did 180k bike a week ago and 160k two days ago so I am starting to feel a bit more confident.

My kids are old enough that they have moved out so I got in 22 hours last week 😁
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont-Tremblant 2018 [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No doubt you'll crush it this year -- 3rd time is a charm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowtwitch gathering in T2, beer and pretzels? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JPDMD25 wrote:
With less than a month to go, who's in? How's everyone's training going?

This will be my 4th Tremblant and Im psyched!

This is my first full distance after 4x70.3s and a bunch of Olys.

Feeling pretty solid but don't know what to expect.

Been getting the training in despite the demands of a stressful job and 5 kids at home including a one year old.

Run training has been limited due to a nagging plantar fasciitis issue since last August. But In the last 2 weeks it's feeling better than it has all year.

Very excited.
Last edited by: coralsnake: Jul 23, 18 11:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
God willing, this will be my 2nd IMMT, 5th full OA. My 140.6 PR is from 6 years ago at LP when I had a no travel, low stress, work from home gig. Then I started my current job of high stress and tons of travel and my training and times predictably went south. But I continued to do halfs and fulls because I, too, am of the philosophy that I'd rather participate than not. I would just reset my expectations to my fitness level (and weight) come Race Day.

Luckily this year work travel has been substantially lighter and thus my training has been much better. Saturday Bike was 6 hours/ 95 miles/ 5500 ft elev. Sunday Ran a slow 17 miles @ 10min pace due to 80% humidity! One more heavy week of training and then Taper Time!

Best of luck to everyone with the remaining 27 days of training!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont-Tremblant 2018 [BT_DreamChaser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another big weekend and it sounds like you're ready. I guess its all about setting the right expectations based on what life has thrown at you the past few months.

Race day weather that past few years has ranged from 90s and smokin' to torrential downpours. Lets hope for some decent weather.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well if it helps, the weather for the 70.3 this year was picture perfect cool and overcast. The weekend after was over 40C
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This will be my 4th full after FL, WI, LOU.
Every year, I’ve improved and this year I feel better trained than ever. For some reason I still haven’t done as well in a full as in the shorter distances so I’m hoping for great execution and a great race.
Training has been going well. 4 straight weeks of 1000+ TSS with a monster ride yesterday of 12x20min @ 80%. I’m pretty stocked but I am also really looking forward to taper and a bit of rest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in town for a 6 day training camp over the 4th of July weekend and my Wahoo registered a max temp of 106 on one of the rides. Highway 117 will be brutal if it gets back up in that range.

I'm just stoked to finally get on with it after a disappointing early season dealing with mad calf and a sub optimal result at Eagleman.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont-Tremblant 2018 [helo guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
helo guy wrote:
Unable to run due to plantar fasciitis and other foot issues. 😪

Had to bail, but at least I was able to defer to next year.

Sorry to hear. I had to bail on my very first full due to knee tendinitis (cycling only) that came on exactly 1 month before the event.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont-Tremblant 2018 [jimmyh49aus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If definitely gets really hot out there on 117. There's no shade and that asphalt just kicks up heat. Im a slower biker, so Im usually out there roasting on the second loop. There can also be a fair amount of cross-winds, but the roads are...oh so smooth.

Eagleman can be a scorcher too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
117 can be hot, that's good to know.
This will be my 1st IM race. Looks like a beautiful location for a race.

Question for you guys who have done this several times. I live in a pretty warm climate so I have not been swimming in a full wetsuit.
Thinking about buying a sleeveless since my shoulders are not conditioned for swimming in a wetuit. Sleeveless much slower? What do you usually do the race in?
Your opinions?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Mont-Tremblant 2018 [Alpinist909] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TBH, it depends on your objectives. Are you out to enjoy the day/get through it? If so, go for comfort. If you're going to set a PB or KQ, the sleeves might save you some time.

Enjoy your first full, mate. It will be a blast. Take it easy on the first loop of the bike (especially when climbing) and smile, it is a beautiful part of the world and you're doing something pretty rad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure how often this is updated, but I thought some people might be interested in the water temp: https://mont-tremblant.ca/en/training-mont-tremblant/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I too have found it hot out on the highway a couple of the years......last Summer was the first time it really bothered me and I pulled over at the aid station at the top of the long highway climb on the last lap, racked my bike and doused my head with cold water. Was probably only pulled over for a total of a minute or two, but that saved me from overheating.

I'm seriously considering using an 'aero road' helmet this year to keep the noggin a bit cooler, likely a POC Ventral.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny you should say that because my head cooked too. I wore a Giro Aerohead (black) last year and I might pass on it if the weather is the same as last. I know people say its not that much hotter, but for me...yup.

Probably going to wear the Air Attack (which is easier on my neck too over that distance).
Quote Reply

Prev Next