Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Louisville 2021 Canceled?!
Quote | Reply
I was looking at the IM website and was looking over IM Louisville as my friend is looking to do an IM in 2021. I already knew that IML was canceled for 2020 but noticed that they also have canceled for 2021.

Is there any insight or information on this? Are they moving to a totally different venue because of the downtown finish?

Here is the announcement on the IML page.

https://www.ironman.com/...632737617.1600802391
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville 2021 Canceled?! [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the conjecture is a 70.3 at some point.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville 2021 Canceled?! [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I think the conjecture is a 70.3 at some point.

I would love to do a 70.3 on that course!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is not going to be another Iromman Louisville, the city did not want to renew the contract.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville 2021 Canceled?! [Billabong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billabong wrote:
There is not going to be another Iromman Louisville, the city did not want to renew the contract.

I am sure there are other reasons for not renewing the contract outside of COVID-19. I would think that the financial benefit for the businesses in the area would be a reason to keep it. But, there are people in positions that know far more about the pros and cons for having the race in their area.

Hopefully they will resolve the location issue in a timely manner. Would love to be able to set that area for a race in 2021.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hard to believe it's been almost a year since my last IM there. I enjoyed visiting, staying, and racing three IMs in that town. Unfortunately, I think Louisville may never be the same:
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/.../?page=unread#unread
Quote Reply