Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Louisville - where to stay?
Quote | Reply
Looking to stay close enough to the event's finish line... hoping not to have to rent a car and just do TriBikeTransport to/from the race. Any recommendations? Probably going solo, so a hotel would make sense, but can airbnb if needed.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville - where to stay? [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Looking to stay close enough to the event's finish line... hoping not to have to rent a car and just do TriBikeTransport to/from the race. Any recommendations? Probably going solo, so a hotel would make sense, but can airbnb if needed.

Any of the hotels in the center of town are going to be walking distance from both Start/Transition and the Finish line. I have stayed at the Econolodge before, and that is only 2 blocks from the finish (and about 7 blocks from the start/transition). It was serviceable for being there by myself. But was obviously a cheaper place. I have also stayed at the Fairfield in, which is more like 4 blocks to the start and 4 blocks to the finish, and that was much preferable in terms of quality, especially since I had someone staying with me that time.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville - where to stay? [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome, thanks!

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I stayed at The Galt House in 2019. It is undergoing renovations and I was in an old room, but it was not bad, I'm sure the new rooms are a lot nicer. Half a mile or a little more to transition and a half mile from the finish line, so the location was not bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Several Marriott properties walking distance from transition and the finish line. All good options.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stayed at the Hyatt both times I did Louisville. Check it out. You have to pass it going from finish line to post race food.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville - where to stay? [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We stayed across the green Ohio river in Indiana. Cheap, high quality, and very close.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Louisville - where to stay? [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
We stayed across the green Ohio river in Indiana.

Cheap: OK, if that is what you are going for........

high quality: plenty of high quality places actually in Louisville.......

very close: debatable, but definitely not close enough if you don't want to rent a car (as the OP states)..........

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Moxy is pretty hip.

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Residence Inn

Very close to transition and having a kitchenette is great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a room at the Marriott on 4th Street.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
turningscrews wrote:

very close: debatable, but definitely not close enough if you don't want to rent a car (as the OP states)..........

1-2 miles from start finish by foot. Yet another ST doucher troll that probably has never even done IM Louisville.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
turningscrews wrote:

1-2 miles from start finish by foot. Yet another ST doucher troll that probably has never even done IM Louisville.

LOL! Seriously, asshole, did you even read my post right before yours? I’ve done Louisville twice. In August. 2011 & 2012.

Last edited by: japarker24: Jan 3, 20 17:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a bunch of hotels right by 4th street live. I think I stayed at and embassy suites.

I think my advice is to stay between the finish and the swim out though. For 2 reasons. First, the walk to the race on race morning will be a little shorter. Second you have to walk there to get your bike and gear from transition after the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
turningscrews wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
turningscrews wrote:

LOL! Seriously, asshole, did you even read my post right before yours? I’ve done Louisville twice. In August. 2011 & 2012.

Ah, nighttime finisher. You certainly need to stay as close to the finish line as possible, my bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
turningscrews wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
turningscrews wrote:

Ah, nighttime finisher. You certainly need to stay as close to the finish line as possible, my bad.

Cool story, bro.

Quote Reply