Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Lake Placid 2021 Registration SOLD OUT
Quote | Reply
Just got an email saying registration for 2021 is now open but the link doesn't work. Has anyone registered?

edited to change title to SOLD OUT from OPEN

AJ

-------------------------------------------------------
IM WC Hawaii 2024
Last edited by: Tri Bread: Sep 22, 20 4:45
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lake Placid 2021 Registration OPEN [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Tri Bread wrote:
Just got an email saying registration for 2021 is now open but the link doesn't work. Has anyone registered?

I registered at 12:00.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lake Placid 2021 Registration OPEN [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats. Link is working now for me. It will be interesting to see how quickly it sells out.

AJ

IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone who elected to defer-transfer into LP get their sign up link yet? My understanding is we need to sign up still. I’ve only gotten an email showing that I switched races but not one inviting me to sign up yet.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lake Placid 2021 Registration OPEN [wintershade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
Has anyone who elected to defer-transfer into LP get their sign up link yet? My understanding is we need to sign up still. I’ve only gotten an email showing that I switched races but not one inviting me to sign up yet.

Based on posts on the facebook group from placid, I think those folks got their link to re-register already. Maybe a week or two ago? Check out the FB page.Oh - to be clear, I think it was the folks who auto-defered from this year's placid.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Sep 21, 20 10:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got in and registered just after 12:00. Interesting that they are clearly stating a free deferral to the 2022 race if you request by June 2021. Ideally I want to race my local IM Maryland in 2021 but we shall see if that opens to new registrations or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received an email the 4th of September to complete the registration for 2021.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lake Placid 2021 Registration OPEN [iainbanks1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Checked the registration at 7 this morning at it is sold out.

AJ

IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, it would be interesting to know if it sold out due to only a small number open due to 2020 deferrals or to the huge pent up demand from all of us sitting around and not being able to race.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lake Placid 2021 Registration OPEN [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
.... if it sold out due to only a small number open due to 2020 deferrals.....

Certainly this.

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lake Placid 2021 Registration OPEN [japarker24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
.... if it sold out due to only a small number open due to 2020 deferrals.....

Certainly this.

I was wondering how many additional entries they add per race. Hear me out. I believe something like 1/3 of the field is always first timers. If you hold off first timers for a year because they can't do any races, forget about their Ironman dream, they may drop off. So let's say there are 800 first timers, they could easily add 500 new entries on top of additional entries to compensate for those who deferred "just in case" but likely won't show up after a 2 year hiatus. I would think they can easily add 1000 entries to a 2020 race that is sold out and for which "everyone" deferred!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is a very interesting point actually. I have three friends, all Ironman bucket-list hopefuls who were planning to do an IM with me in 2021 and two 70.3s in 2020. The “divide and conquer” strategy one of them called it.

But since none of them did any racing this year, all three have differed their IM dream to 2022 and will be using 2021 for the 70.3 prep phase.

Most athletes I know, seem to step up one distance level per season.

So that means there are going to be a lot fewer first timers as all the IMs this year right? Does that mean competition will be more fierce in 2021? Or is there silly likely to be a backlog of first timers (ie people who did their 70.3s in 2019 and were planning to move up to full IM in 2020 but deferred it to 2021)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It appears there are Ironman Foundation slots still available. They are certainly cost prohibitive.

Do we know if IMLP is going to run Male Pros, Female Pros, or both in 2021?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lake Placid 2021 Registration OPEN [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:
.......They are certainly cost prohibitive......

I don't see it this way. In the grand scheme of things, the race entry is low in the total cost of a year long process (in most cases).

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

I don't see it this way. In the grand scheme of things, the race entry is low in the total cost of a year long process (in most cases).

Please elaborate

AJ

IM WC Hawaii 2024
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

Please elaborate

Assuming they are saying that $800 divided across every month from now until the race

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
japarker24 wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

Please elaborate

If you run the cost out over a year, yes, its the equivalent of a used car payment on a Chevy Sonic per month. Also, the community fund being what it is makes it somewhat attractive if you are able to itemize. (Approximately 50% of a Community Fund entry fee is a tax-deductible donation.)

However, I look at it more like this.

I could do four 70.3 races for the price of an Ironman Foundation entry.

I am only doing IMLP next year because I won entry to this years event in a raffle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
japarker24 wrote:
LifeTri wrote:

I don’t think it’s really fair for one person to comment on what is or isn’t a significant expense to another person.

There are some members on this forum who are fractional jet owners an extra $750 is less than the FET and fuel surcharges en route to a race. There are other for whom even paying the regular entry fee requires real financial sacrifices and trade-offs.

So let’s all just put away our measuring tapes and leave our dicks in our bib shorts shall we?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wintershade wrote:
japarker24 wrote:

I don’t think it’s really fair for one person to comment on what is or isn’t a significant expense to another person.

There are some members on this forum who are fractional jet owners an extra $750 is less than the FET and fuel surcharges en route to a race. There are other for whom even paying the regular entry fee requires real financial sacrifices and trade-offs.

So let’s all just put away our measuring tapes and leave our dicks in our bib shorts shall we?

I think his point was not that $500 is insignificant, it's that if you add up all the associated costs of preparing for and traveling to an Ironman, that $500 is "in most cases" not a very high percentage of the total. As a result, it may be worth more carefully considering the foundation slot if IMLP is what you want to do.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lake Placid 2021 Registration OPEN [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah. I hear you. But what I think is lost on so many is that it’s not just about what a % increase it is relative to the total cost of an IM. It’s about what percent of your remaining discretionary spending that margin $500 is.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Lake Placid 2021 Registration SOLD OUT [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For those racing or spectating IMLP, there's a mountain roller coaster just opened. But the article states it's only open on weekends, 2 riders at a time, and it's 75 bucks a ride~!!

https://www.timesunion.com/...d-track-15639918.php
Quote Reply