Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Hawaii weather
Quote | Reply
Was just looking at the race day forcast on Wunderground.com. They break it down by the hour. I know things can change in a few days, but it looks like another mild year. Mid 80's, light winds (under 10mph) and mid day rain. Could mean some fast times out there...or yhe madam may change her mind and blow like hell out there! : )
Good luck to everyone racing!

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii weather [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i suspect the weather, especially the wind, anywhere north of the airport can be very different from what is happening in Kona town. i did ride a bit near Hawi two days ago and there was alsmost no wind. it was a lovely ride.

run well, run happy
george
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii weather [georgereid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having no wind to deal with near Hawi is rare. For those racing, they can only hope it stays that way.

In Reply To:
i suspect the weather, especially the wind, anywhere north of the airport can be very different from what is happening in Kona town. i did ride a bit near Hawi two days ago and there was alsmost no wind. it was a lovely ride.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii weather [fitzie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i remember one year in the early 80's it was blowing so hard people walking their bikes were going faster than some riding. i saw a woman off her bike trying to hold on to it like it was a kite up in the air.

don
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii weather [honoluludon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The ride up to Hawi on Monday was pretty tame as well was riding on the Queen K on Wednesday. However, the local weather guy on the news last night said that it has been calm throughout the island chain but that the trade winds would return on Friday or Saturday and also make it a little less humid than it has been this week...

No use in predicting what will happen - just roll with whatever gets thrown at you...

Re: IM Hawaii weather [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In '04, I VIVIDLY remember being in the bay, waiting for the gun to go off & Riley & co. commenting on how moderate the forecast was for the day.

That year only 10 MEN went <5hrs on the bike. So much for the weatherman!
---

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii weather [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, trust me, I know all about weathermen accuracy...Tucson has some of the worst out there. Thats why I included this in the original post...
Quote:

I know things can change in a few days
-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com