Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code...
Quote | Reply
Upss...

Christopher Dels is stripped of Ironman World Championship title for violation of anti-doping code

https://tri-mag.de/szene/ironman-agegroup-weltmeister-christopher-dels-muss-wegen-infusion-seinen-titel-wegen-doping-verstoss-wieder-abgeben/?fbclid=IwAR3YLPnWeHBWdhHV2G7xOYu32sM-DUU7P2nJ4AvM6s-tTkTJBD5I8PsJK0g

https://www.ironman.com/...sanctions-statistics

https://pushing-limits.de/...tmeister-chris-dels/

https://www.facebook.com/...os/2621095831438678/

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Last edited by: sedi: Mar 2, 20 9:52
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
in for comments
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TLDR: Lochte'd
Last edited by: Sean H: Mar 2, 20 10:38
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jeah.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
TLDR: Lochte'd

he posted pictures of himself hooked up to the IV on Instagram?

;-)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently a video on Facebook 😂
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sean H wrote:
Apparently a video on Facebook 😂

Jeah!

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Isn’t he a semi active poster here?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea, but if that were the case I would not buy the ignorance claim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was there anything in particular in the infusion? (Besides infusion itself). Was it pre or post race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Move along... Move along... Nothing to see here.

He admitted to the infraction, admitted to not reading the rules and has accepted the consequences of this without a fight, like a gentleman. Kudos to him for that.

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
Was there anything in particular in the infusion? (Besides infusion itself). Was it pre or post race?

No nothing banned and it was following an illess prior to the race to allow him to get back to training. He's not banned for any supplements but the act of receiving an IV is against WADA regulations.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was there anything in particular in the infusion?
---

Nothing in terms of a banned substance, if that's what you're asking. He's calling it the "McDonald's of infusions" (according to the google translated article). So, there's that...

Anyway, classy quote from the guy:
"Of course I am very annoyed by my own negligence, which was not exactly world champion. For this reason, I accept the consequences, ”said Dels.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would be a waste to lose a champ to saline
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that his "claim" there was nothing in it or was the bag solution itself actually tested also?
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [BGildenstern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BGildenstern wrote:
thatzone wrote:

No nothing banned and it was following an illess prior to the race to allow him to get back to training. He's not banned for any supplements but the act of receiving an IV is against WADA regulations.

I believe the ban stems from the amount of fluid in the IV, which is limited to 100mL per 12 hour period.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rocky M wrote:
Is that his "claim" there was nothing in it or was the bag solution itself actually tested also?

Doesn’t actually matter (for purposes of determining whether a violation has occurred). Unless it’s blood doping, you probably wouldn’t administer PEDs in that manner. Needle, patch or oral is going to be easier.

Large volume IVs are banned because they can dilute the blood, acting as a masking agent (and probably other reasons too)

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Rocky M wrote:

Doesn’t actually matter (for purposes of determining whether a violation has occurred). Unless it’s blood doping, you probably wouldn’t administer PEDs in that manner. Needle, patch or oral is going to be easier.

Large volume IVs are banned because they can dilute the blood, acting as a masking agent (and probably other reasons too)

That's more/less what I was thinking it could be--covering up before competition tests. Flush the system so appearing clean. Ironman's website still has him as winner. An IV could be seen as intent to mask I suppose. There seems to be a growing number of IV bars these days--drove by one the other day, people could just take better care of themselves through diet/exercise. There may be more than we think who don't know NO IV's is actually a rule. Talked with one today about this & he didn't know it was illegal, so Chris may be legit in his claim. Or not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of another time this happened but with actual questionable substances and all that happened was the coach got a temporary ban and all the athletes got off scot-free...
Last edited by: Nick2413: Mar 2, 20 16:49
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's more/less what I was thinking it could be--covering up before competition tests. Flush the system so appearing clean.

Do you people ever think before you write about stuff like this?? He posted up a pic/vid of him with the needle in his arm, just like Lochte did. If they actually were using it as some sort of masking therapy, do any of you believe they would be posting it all over social media? Of course they are not the brightest bulbs out there, not knowing that putting water in your veins to begin with is not allowed, but they are certainly smart enough that if they were doping, and using this as part of the program, not to post it where the whole world sees it..

Good for him to just admit the really, really stupid mistake and move on. If there was anything else to see here, it was certainly not related to this incident...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
That's more/less what I was thinking it could be--covering up before competition tests. Flush the system so appearing clean.

Do you people ever think before you write about stuff like this?? He posted up a pic/vid of him with the needle in his arm, just like Lochte did. If they actually were using it as some sort of masking therapy, do any of you believe they would be posting it all over social media? Of course they are not the brightest bulbs out there, not knowing that putting water in your veins to begin with is not allowed, but they are certainly smart enough that if they were doping, and using this as part of the program, not to post it where the whole world sees it..

Good for him to just admit the really, really stupid mistake and move on. If there was anything else to see here, it was certainly not related to this incident...

Monty, we aren’t saying that is why he was doing it. I doubt he was actually taking any illegal substances. I was just talking about why IVs are prohibited in the first place, because that is what they could be used to do,

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well the post I highlighted was saying that, was not responding to you really..
Quote Reply
Re: IM Hawaii - AG "Champion"...suspended for violating WADA's anti-doping code... [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Well the post I highlighted was saying that, was not responding to you really..

I took rocky m’s post as just continuing my train of thought about the generalities of IVs and why any athlete would be banned, not a comment on this particular athlete’s actual intent.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman site has 26 convictions in 9 years with one caught twice. please. That's smoke and mirrors stuff. A complete joke of a doping program.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply

Prev Next