Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Florida Wheelsets
Quote | Reply
I would like to hear input on wheelset choice for I.M. Florida. I believe the course is flat and wind can be a factor. Should I use HED 3 clinchers, or would tubular Zipp 404's be a better choice? I recall reading a post on the poor condition of the roads around mile 70? Any comments well appreciated...........
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida Wheelsets [Chris Bonz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've heard that the roads have been fixed...not sure, haven't rode the course as of yet. I'm going to be using a HED Disc rear and HED3 front. Wind usually isn't to bad (I live 40 miles from PC). If you've got both sets of wheels, take both and see what you think when you get there. Only way I won't use my wheels is if there is a tropical storm in the area!

Joe
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida Wheelsets [Joey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
even without fixing the roads, this is a
disc + trispoke or deep rim course.

you have no climbing whatsoever (one bridgeX2, two rollers), very few turns, so no deceleration/acceleration to do. get a deep rim at the front if it's windy or a trispoke otherwise. but a disc for the rear.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Florida Wheelsets [Chris Bonz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that's a pretty close coin flip. If I had both, I would go 404. If I only had the Hed 3's, I would think it was a great wheel for that race, considering you weigh over 160lbs.
Quote Reply