Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Coeur d'Alene June 27? How likely is this to happen?
Quote | Reply
The was my St George deferral.

IM CEO is less than inspiring that we should rely on motivation and support from clubs, family and friends to train for a tentative race.

He says he is a Ironman? He has no clue what it is like to show up with conditioning to compete rather than participate.

50+ year olds don't have too many IM build cycles in a year. This probably applies to most AG in any case and he totally misses that point. - Just pay the registration fee and lets see what happens... right.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Coeur d'Alene June 27? How likely is this to happen? [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My gut tells me the race will take place since there will be "only" 200 participants.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Coeur d'Alene June 27? How likely is this to happen? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tamiii wrote:
My gut tells me the race will take place since there will be "only" 200 participants.

Where do you see only 200? I would say in that case it will be canceled.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Coeur d'Alene June 27? How likely is this to happen? [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:
tamiii wrote:

Where do you see only 200? I would say in that case it will be canceled.

My apologies for completely misquoting another thread from ST: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=7319072#p7319072
The post mentioned "IRONMAN today said they have 200 spots left for Coeur d'Alene" which I've been misinterpretating until you've asked the question. Gosh I feel so dumb.

So NO - I never read anywhere that the race was only for 200 participants. My bad.
Last edited by: tamiii: Feb 16, 21 11:41
Quote Reply
Re: IM Coeur d'Alene June 27? How likely is this to happen? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Idaho and eastern Washington have not been very aggressive in their stances on covid. Idaho, and particularly northern Idaho is very conservative, and if there is any place in the US that will host a race in 2021, I imagine CdA will be pretty permissive. I certainly hope so since I’m training for it.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Coeur d'Alene June 27? How likely is this to happen? [eblackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also chances are we'll be vaccinated by then maybe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got my shot a month and half ago. 5G signal has never been stronger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"how likely is it that this happens?"

Plan: 0%

Prepare: 100%

either way, you are going to love the results and not be surprised.

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: IM Coeur d'Alene June 27? How likely is this to happen? [eblackadder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eblackadder wrote:
I got my shot a month and half ago. 5G signal has never been stronger.

Just spit my rum and coke all over the computer. Well played.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tamiii wrote:

Healthy? Non-essential worker? In your 20s-50s?

Pretty damn low...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CDA here who also happens to work in the hospital. Really too early to say. After a big surge that basically lasted from Halloween through mid January, our numbers (both from a positive cases standpoint and a hospital census) are down. As an above poster mentioned, north Idaho has not been very restrictive with covid rules. But i also think it’s not quite a as open as perhaps Florida or Texas. There is a marathon scheduled about a month prior, so perhaps that will be some sort of barometer.

It’s hard to say what our vaccination rate will look like by then. I do think we’ll have quite a few individual in this area who will never take the vaccine. But I suppose if by the end of June everyone in the area who wants (and is eligible) to get the vaccine has an opportunity (which I think may happen) then chances would look good.

I’m signed up as are a few physicians I work with. For now it’s train like it’s gonna happen.

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email the IM CEO and ask, daily.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Coeur d'Alene June 27? How likely is this to happen? [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
indianacyclist wrote:
tamiii wrote:

Healthy? Non-essential worker? In your 20s-50s?

Pretty damn low...

Well you can spitball the time frame pretty easily. Current production is ~13.5 million doses a week for.Moderna and Pfizer, so bare minimum 25 million people vaccinated a month. That alone puts you at better than 1/2 the population vacccinated by the race day. I also don’t think it is unreasonable to assume both the J&J and Novavax vaccines are in full delivery mode by April.

I also can’t imagine that more than 70-75% of the population gets vaccinated, which 220-260 million. So all in all, I don’t think there is much chance that everyone who wants a vaccine will still be waiting by July.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Coeur d'Alene June 27? How likely is this to happen? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
CDA here who also happens to work in the hospital. Really too early to say. After a big surge that basically lasted from Halloween through mid January, our numbers (both from a positive cases standpoint and a hospital census) are down. As an above poster mentioned, north Idaho has not been very restrictive with covid rules. But i also think it’s not quite a as open as perhaps Florida or Texas. There is a marathon scheduled about a month prior, so perhaps that will be some sort of barometer.

It’s hard to say what our vaccination rate will look like by then. I do think we’ll have quite a few individual in this area who will never take the vaccine. But I suppose if by the end of June everyone in the area who wants (and is eligible) to get the vaccine has an opportunity (which I think may happen) then chances would look good.

I’m signed up as are a few physicians I work with. For now it’s train like it’s gonna happen.

This is super helpful thank you. See you on race day then.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Coeur d'Alene June 27? How likely is this to happen? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Eastern Idaho and cases went nuts last month and have come down significantly. However, schools and businesses continued to operate like normal. I know Montana just lifted their state wide mask mandate. Hopefully that doesn't backfire! I'm staying positive and training like the race will happen. If it doesn't happen in June my guess is it will happen sometime this year.
Quote Reply