Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [twitchiest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure if leading a spin class can be considered "coaching". Sure, it's called teaching, I guess, but the reason you'd not want a doper or cheater to coach or cheat is so they don't pass their sinful knowledge down to their pupils.

I doubt she's stopping 3/4 throughout the spin class and saying, "That's all you have to do in MY class. That workout is good enough to get you first place in a tri. Curious? Let's talk."

Chris Harris
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [playmobil31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
playmobil31 wrote:

She was also listed on Mantra Living FB page. Not anymore after I asked if we should expect a 90min workout or if the course would be cut...

Now thats funny...

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twitchiest wrote:
Uh, this is not hounding. It's preventing. Dopers should not be allowed to coach or teach, the same goes for serial cheaters.

ugh, it's a spin class at the local Y or something - who cares? let the woman lead a spin class. would it be OK if it was yoga?

in a sport that allows brett sutton not only to continue coaching but to be consulted and interviewed by the biggest media outlets, getting upset about miller is much ado about nothing.

focus the energy on seeing her crooked race performances wiped from the books, not on barring her from working.

-mike

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
focus the energy on seeing her crooked race performances wiped from the books, not on barring her from working.

-mike

X2

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
twitchiest wrote:
Uh, this is not hounding. It's preventing. Dopers should not be allowed to coach or teach, the same goes for serial cheaters.

ugh, it's a spin class at the local Y or something - who cares? let the woman lead a spin class. would it be OK if it was yoga?

in a sport that allows brett sutton not only to continue coaching but to be consulted and interviewed by the biggest media outlets, getting upset about miller is much ado about nothing.

-mike

Agreed. I'm fine with lynch mobbing her race results but let the poor woman work for christ sakes.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
twitchiest wrote:

-mike

Agreed. Have a nut taking down her cheating on races, but stay out of the woman's private life.

Spot

Quote | Reply
spot wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
twitchiest wrote:

-mike

Agreed. Have a nut taking down her cheating on races, but stay out of the woman's private life.

Spot

+1. I think it's pretty well-established what we think of her, but we need to get back to working on finding solid evidence of her cheating. Weihai seems to be in the hands of the ITU and the Canadian triathlon organizations, correct? Her times at the Test of Metal races are questionable, too. Has anybody started that investigation?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
spot wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
twitchiest wrote:

-mike

Spot

+1. I think it's pretty well-established what we think of her, but we need to get back to working on finding solid evidence of her cheating. Weihai seems to be in the hands of the ITU and the Canadian triathlon organizations, correct? Her times at the Test of Metal races are questionable, too. Has anybody started that investigation?

Honestly, the infatuation with this woman is getting a little weird. Let it go.....

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SummitAK wrote:
I still wonder what the goal was in 2013 IM Whistler. The other efforts netted her first place. What was the point for 10th? I was there both years, so maybe the stellar conditions in 2013 yielded faster than estimated times and she didn't jump back into the run soon enough? There was a slight run course change in 2013 that never showed on the printed maps, but it wasn't enough to really change split times much. Maybe using some mobile data for the live tracker and a general idea on split times, but it is almost always delayed, and seems to always jam up as the race progresses through the run. My bet is an exit and re-entry in the Lost Lake area where there is a lot going on race day. I wondered the same thing about help. Car or hotel/condo room nearby?

You can only beg for money to travel to races so frequently and fundraising to get her to China was already on the docket. So, qualifying for Kona probably not a priority at 2013 Whistler. Maybe she screwed up her plan or maybe she played it a little conservatively knowing that doing it for Kona was for another year.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
Travis R wrote:
spot wrote:
iron_mike wrote:
twitchiest wrote:

-mike

Spot

Honestly, the infatuation with this woman is getting a little weird. Let it go.....

Sorry, that came out wrong. I meant to imply that this was the purpose of this thread in the first place - about a person cheating and presenting facts. It seems to have meandered from that a bit. If there are no more facts to present, the thread has served its purpose.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Agreed - that's over the line.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twitchiest wrote:
JPW,

Just thought you might want to know about Julie's "Revolution Spin & Core with Julie Miller". Yes you read that correct, Julie is teaching spin classes in our lovely recreations centre (epic fail) starting October 4 to Dec 13 for either 10 session packs @ $173.25 or a drop in rate of $18 plus tax. Classes run 90 minutes so that should be enough time for her to teach you everything she knows.

Am I the only one that saw this and thought $20 for a spin class?!

I guess it is 90 minutes, and it's CAD, so that's like what, $3.50 USD? But man, $20 gets me a month of gym membership to multiple locations, all with a pool and access to any of the classes I want to go to.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
twitchiest wrote:
I have heard that when she rode the BC Bike Race with her husband that it was not like a "honeymoon" that she is quoted as saying in the local papers. Those two fought, a lot. Many people around them heard it and it was no secret. No secret either that she cut the course there on at least one of the stages. This was in 2014 so for sure her husband knew then. This was a team effort.

As for Julie's spin classes, perhaps people could contact the local rec centre in Squamish to voice their concerns like somebody did with Mantra Living. It is a fair question.

Really? Trying to prevent her from teaching spin classes? Gathering evidence to have her DQed from the WC is one thing, but by hounding her in real life you just crossed into creepy stalker territory. What's next? Do you plan on following her around and taking pictures while she shops?

Someone needs to make sure she doesn't cut in the line for the cash register ;).

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2

That's bullying.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
twitchiest wrote:
I have heard that when she rode the BC Bike Race with her husband that it was not like a "honeymoon" that she is quoted as saying in the local papers. Those two fought, a lot. Many people around them heard it and it was no secret. No secret either that she cut the course there on at least one of the stages. This was in 2014 so for sure her husband knew then. This was a team effort.

As for Julie's spin classes, perhaps people could contact the local rec centre in Squamish to voice their concerns like somebody did with Mantra Living. It is a fair question.

Dude!
Seriously?

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But man, $20 gets me a month of gym membership to multiple locations, all with a pool and access to any of the classes I want to go to.

Separate topic - but the going drop-in rate around here for indoor bike raining sessions lead by, qualified coaches and cycling leaders is $20 - $25.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
But man, $20 gets me a month of gym membership to multiple locations, all with a pool and access to any of the classes I want to go to.

Separate topic - but the going drop-in rate around here for indoor bike raining sessions lead by, qualified coaches and cycling leaders is $20 - $25.

and they're probably not run by a world champion either;)

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post of the day!

Well played! :)

Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:
Most images grabbed from uploaded locations like Facebook have their EXIF data killed during the import and compression phase.

Aww. I didn't know that.

Oh it's there...you just can't get to it. For a site like Facebook they do strip out the EXIF data but they also keep that information stored. Having said that, you will not be able to access the data without some sort of judicial order. Basically, a criminal investigation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Z28Diddy wrote:
twitchiest wrote:
JPW,

Just thought you might want to know about Julie's "Revolution Spin & Core with Julie Miller". Yes you read that correct, Julie is teaching spin classes in our lovely recreations centre (epic fail) starting October 4 to Dec 13 for either 10 session packs @ $173.25 or a drop in rate of $18 plus tax. Classes run 90 minutes so that should be enough time for her to teach you everything she knows.

I guess it is 90 minutes, and it's CAD, so that's like what, $3.50 USD? But man, $20 gets me a month of gym membership to multiple locations, all with a pool and access to any of the classes I want to go to.

Next time you get a chance, hit up a Soulcycle class. That will reset your bar, pretty much immediately.

------------------

- I do all my own stunts
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Rick in the D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rick in the D wrote:
Z28Diddy wrote:
twitchiest wrote:
JPW,

Next time you get a chance, hit up a Soulcycle class. That will reset your bar, pretty much immediately.

Wow... Apparently I'm just a cheapskate who should probably find a cheaper hobby!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Z28Diddy wrote:
Rick in the D wrote:
Z28Diddy wrote:
twitchiest wrote:
JPW,

Wow... Apparently I'm just a cheapskate who should probably find a cheaper hobby!!

Riding outside is FREE!

Riding a "spin bike" (trainer) in your basement or garage - also FREE!!

I think I can swing that.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [MukMuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MukMuk wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:
Most images grabbed from uploaded locations like Facebook have their EXIF data killed during the import and compression phase.

Aww. I didn't know that.

Oh it's there...you just can't get to it. For a site like Facebook they do strip out the EXIF data but they also keep that information stored. Having said that, you will not be able to access the data without some sort of judicial order. Basically, a criminal investigation.

Thinking about it, it does make a lot of sense to strip the EXIF data for privacy reasons, certainly the location info. It would be nice if they retained some camera setting info.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The real IMC 2015 F40-44 Podium. Taken in Kona tonight.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM Canada F40-44: new thread [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where's the Like button?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply

Prev Next