Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Boulder Shuttle
Quote | Reply
I am working on mapping out the logistics and timing of everything for my family for next week. Can you share your experience with the shuttle? Primarily concerned with 1. is there room for a stroller assuming it is folded up? 2. approximate wait time. Obviously this will vary but just curious about your experience. 3. Travel time to get to Boulder Reservoir. 4. Anything else you think might be helpful to know.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Shuttle [LSchmitt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From what I remember from last year the shuttle was very easy, at least at 4:30am. I don't remember if it was a charter bus style or school bus. There were several busses lined up and no wait. Also I found that parking in Boulder to be very easy, with many options on the street just a block away. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to the rez, but with race traffic that could vary. Hope that helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They're school busses and you should have no problem with a stroller. It takes about 15 minutes, but I would allow some extra time since both T1 and T2 will be at the reservoir so if you have special needs etc. you will need to do that after you take the bus. If you plan on getting the bus at 4:30, you'll be at the start before 5:00, then 10 min walk from where the bus drops you to where your bike is, including dropping your special needs bags. Then you have one hour to set up, do a swim warm up, and get in line for the rolling swim start at 6:20

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Shuttle [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I'm understanding the event schedule correctly, special needs dropoff seems to be near the finish line area, so it may be that the special needs bags will get dropped off before boarding the shuttle? I believe the morning clothes bag drop off is near the start so the morning clothes bags will go on the shuttle.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Shuttle [Iron Dukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, that's my understanding also.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Shuttle [Iron Dukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iron Dukie wrote:
If I'm understanding the event schedule correctly, special needs dropoff seems to be near the finish line area, so it may be that the special needs bags will get dropped off before boarding the shuttle? I believe the morning clothes bag drop off is near the start so the morning clothes bags will go on the shuttle.

Yes you're right they probably get dropped at the high school

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Shuttle [jpicune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpicune wrote:
From what I remember from last year the shuttle was very easy, at least at 4:30am. I don't remember if it was a charter bus style or school bus. There were several busses lined up and no wait. Also I found that parking in Boulder to be very easy, with many options on the street just a block away. It's about a 10-15 minute drive to the rez, but with race traffic that could vary. Hope that helps.

Do you mean parking by the high school the morning of the race is easy? This is my first trip to Boulder so no clue as to layout, parking, etc. Thank you.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Shuttle [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, parking by the high school is easy. You'll only be a few blocks away. There are many garages and street parking available. It's metered, but it's free on Sunday. When you go for check in take a quick drive around to get familiar with the area and scope out some spots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello all,

We're running private DIA-Boulder shuttles as well as within-Boulder transportation (race-day too).

Give us a call (808-206-5379) or check out www.enduranceproguides.com for full offerings!

We've got the best Boulder insights from the local Pros!

Davide

Davide Giardini
Chief Endurance Officer

www.EnduranceProGuides.com
@EnduranceProGuides
M: 808-206-5379
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watch this video. answers just about every question...

https://business.facebook.com/IronmanBoulder/videos/1660528037393749/

DC

DC
Dave Christen
IRONMAN Race Director and Operations Manager
dave.christen@ironman.com
Last edited by: Bouldertri: Jun 1, 18 14:55
Quote Reply