Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM Boulder Pro Start List
Quote | Reply
Not a super deep field on either side, so the race is somewhat up for grabs. Should be interesting to see Leiferman and Talansky make their 140.6 debuts.

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/53ba7043ce1448a69ecaff6b7b4ecfe2/2018%20ironman%20boulder%20pro%20start%20list1.pdf

Team Zoot 2023
Last edited by: aerobean: May 30, 18 9:51
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would be great if Angela Naeth was able to return to her form from a couple years ago.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like she has had a rough go as of late

I think my money is on Chura.

As far as the guys - I have NO idea. Thats anyones game
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:

Kirsty Jahn won IM Brazil last weekend, and Chura was 4th.

I''d imagine Dede will lead a long time into the bike before being caught by Naeth. Will any one run her down?

Agree, no idea about the men's field - maybe an unknown snatches the win?

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Appears to me that it will be a good race in both male and female. I'm pulling for Colin Laughery - great guy! Not sure he is up to win it, but could turn in a very strong performance. Perhaps Big sexy for the win . . . he is another great guy.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scotttriguy wrote:
Twinkie wrote:

I''d imagine Dede will lead a long time into the bike before being caught by Naeth. Will any one run her down?

Im curious - Brazil is lower in elevation and hot/humid. Boulder is higher and dry heat. I wonder if that will play to any strengths/ weaknesses in the field.

Too bad they dont have live odds for sports betting like they do every other sport. I'd be throwing some hedged bets down haha
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [Daniel Clarke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Daniel Clarke wrote:
Would be great if Angela Naeth was able to return to her form from a couple years ago.
I'm a big Naeth fan, but she won't be racing. She's battling Lyme disease and a couple of additional related infections, she's been open about it on social media lately. She has had a very rough few years. It's too bad as she's one of the nice people I've ever met.
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really? I didn't know that Chris had gone long yet. Interesting, I'd have to think he's the favorite for the win. Justin was second last year but got disqualified, so perhaps he should be favored.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [Twinkie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Twinkie wrote:
Scotttriguy wrote:
Twinkie wrote:

Im curious - Brazil is lower in elevation and hot/humid. Boulder is higher and dry heat. I wonder if that will play to any strengths/ weaknesses in the field.

Too bad they dont have live odds for sports betting like they do every other sport. I'd be throwing some hedged bets down haha

I would be surprised if either athlete showed as more than likely it is just a backup for Brazil. With that being said, Kirsty is so talented physically, I would put her up there right at the top of Kona if she showed healthy. If she toes the line and starts Boulder with the intention to finish I would bet she wins easily - hopefully she backed off the marathon a bit at Brazil. She is coached by Sutton now so maybe he will have her race again as that can be his style. Her old coach, QT2, I would say there wouldn't be a chance of that but Sutton I think could have her race. Given she lives in Boulder I hope she at least starts the race and gets a good swim and bike and see where things are at on the run. You don't get many opportunities to race in your backyard. The only person that can beat Kirsty on that start list is Kirsty.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aerobean wrote:
Really? I didn't know that Chris had gone long yet. Interesting, I'd have to think he's the favorite for the win. Justin was second last year but got disqualified, so perhaps he should be favored.

Yeah he had a couple of real rippers. Personally, I really like Jon Shearon on the list along with Chris L. I know Jon very well and he is doing everything right. His mind is in a great spot, his fitness is in a great spot. I know he probably wants to give it to the local Boulder boys too. Kennett Peterson adds an interesting dynamic to the race and I think him and Jon, and Chris L could really push the bike neutralizing a typical great run from the likes of Justin. But I could also see it being a huge group getting off the bike together and just being a real dog fight on the run.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Last edited by: Thomas Gerlach: Jun 11, 18 20:58
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If Angela, Kirsty and Hailey are not competing, i think its is really Dede's race to loose now. Don't see anyone else on the list that can match her on the swim and bike. She just have to hold on the run
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
If Angela, Kirsty and Hailey are not competing, i think its is really Dede's race to loose now. Don't see anyone else on the list that can match her on the swim and bike. She just have to hold on the run

You are probably right. Not a deep field at all. Angela I would say is a definite no given I just saw her on a Zero-G treadmill. Kirsty I think has enough points for Kona but really, she could make it a 8k training day. I hope she and her coach give it some thought.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about Collington? He beat Marino Vanhoenacker in Taiwan last year to win her first IM title...
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
asianzone wrote:

You are probably right. Not a deep field at all. Angela I would say is a definite no given I just saw her on a Zero-G treadmill. Kirsty I think has enough points for Kona but really, she could make it a 8k training day. I hope she and her coach give it some thought.

Speaking of coaches, i think Kirsty is coached by Brett Sutton now, they usually race hard and multiple IM, so there is a possibility she might show up!
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [jordanac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jordanac wrote:
What about Collington? He beat Marino Vanhoenacker in Taiwan last year to win her first IM title...

I was thinking Collington, Gambles, or Daerr.

Probably Collington or Gambles, though.
Last edited by: LifeTri: May 30, 18 19:29
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [jordanac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [asianzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asianzone wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
asianzone wrote:

Speaking of coaches, i think Kirsty is coached by Brett Sutton now, they usually race hard and multiple IM, so there is a possibility she might show up!

For sure that is the case with Sutto but Kirsty has had some durability issues before so I really wouldn't be surprised either way. She would be in bubble territory for Kona KPR so another race would pretty much solidify that and then you can shut it down and start training for Kona without having to travel and race. Seems like a no-brainer to me, but then again that is just how I operate.

Quote Reply
Re: IM Boulder Pro Start List [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
Daniel Clarke wrote:

I'm a big Naeth fan, but she won't be racing. She's battling Lyme disease and a couple of additional related infections, she's been open about it on social media lately. She has had a very rough few years. It's too bad as she's one of the nice people I've ever met.

I agree. She will actually engage on social media and answer questions/messages. Only other pro I know that answers back is Noah Droddy.
Quote Reply