Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM AZ Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got?
Quote | Reply
  • IM AZ Pros moved to IM FL
  • $100k prize purse
  • Who you got?
  • Sam Long

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Last edited by: milesthedog: Oct 14, 20 14:26
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait, what? Is the half cancelled too this weekend?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how does sam long know this and no one else?

WTC just sent an email this morning about IMAZ (the full) to athletes with the full indication that the race is on (email was about deferrals for those facing travel restrictions).

he's got to be talking about just pros?
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
he's got to be talking about just pros?

Good point. I don't know, but I'll update the OP

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just pros. I was informed by Ironman when trying to register a couple hours ago and told some people immediately. It either spread like wildfire or he had communication as well.

Adam Feigh
Pianko Law, Speed Hound, Castelli, Sailfish, Base
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [Feighathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was apparently an email to the pros that had registered for IMAZ - the reasoning being that that there was a large overlap of entrants between IMAZ and IMFL so they just combined the fields and put the race in FL.

I (FPRO) am pretty upset about this one -- they'd previously told us that we didn't have to register for races until closer to them this year in light of all the uncertainties with COVID, and I'd planned to register for IMAZ early next week IF the 70.3 this weekend went off safely. I know others that were in the same boat. Now the only option is an Ironman 2 weeks earlier. Maybe I'm the only one, but my build for AZ was going to be quite abbreviated as is - losing 2 weeks of prep makes it unreasonable. It feels like they made this call way too early, if their stated reason is actually the true reason behind the decision.
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [adnama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm definitely pretty pissed right now about this situation. It would be pretty irresponsible for me to fly to Florida to race since I had to go back to working as a Nurse part-time this year. Including how abbreviated it would make my build, I'm pretty sure I'll be sitting this one out.

I also fail to see a real reason behind cancelling the Pro race at IMAZ. I was only told they are doing it to "redirect resources". I've honestly never seen that many "resources" used to put on a Pro race in the first place.

Adam Feigh
Pianko Law, Speed Hound, Castelli, Sailfish, Base
Feighathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [Feighathlon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assumed that they had changed these from the original mens and womens only races? (If I remember correctly) Because IMAZ was men's only this year I thought...

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if Daytona has anything to do with this, or at least electing to go with Florida over AZ. Probably worried about those with invites to Daytona skipping out on their race and if they pick the earlier race it'll look more competitive. Of course, on the other hand they'd probably be just as happy canceling both pro fields...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. This is annoying, now there's no reason to spectate this race to be honest. Will have some teammates there so I'll definitely go out and support, but I do like watching the pros race.
2. In the same sense that Florida is fully open as a state, but not really to do with Daytona.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is some chatter on the FB IMAZ page that Active.com is showing one of the reasons for deferring as "Bike Course Distance Change." So there is some speculation that the bike course is being altered (shortened?) If that is true (no idea if it is) then maybe that was a factor in canning the pro race (if it wasn't going to 140.6 miles then try to move the pro race to a course that is.) No details on this, not confirmed that the distance is changed, purely speculation based on one of the options when you defer is "Bike Course Distance Change." Could simply be an error on the website.

Quote | Reply
The Indian council denied the permit to access the beeline.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I feel better about deferring now.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cody Beals might be racing. If so, I'll take him.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: IM AZ Canceled; Pros moved to IM FL; $100k prize purse - Who you got? [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
The Indian council denied the permit to access the beeline.

is this just speculation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received An email from someone in the tribal govt

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you share more details about this? when was this email received, what exactly did it say? there doesn't seem to be anyone else who knows this so just curious.

i'm not from the area so i'm not familiar with the "lockdown" of the reservation that I saw one person mentioned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Although the initial tribal council vote last week was to not allow access, the RD is still talking to them as well as City of Tempe to formulate their options. As soon as they know they will make an announcement. She said don’t assume anything yet. And she’s a straight shooter.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply