Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM 70.3 World Champs St G slots
Quote | Reply
Anyone notice the allotment of slots changed? Spring and early summer are showing more but those in early to mid July show none. We signed up for Musselman in late 2019 with slots available. No mention on the site now.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs St G slots [TryPT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC, races through June have slots for the current year’s WC. Races July on have slots for the next year’s WC. Musselman is a July race, so it would have slots for the 2022 WC.

But yes to your first question, the slots for 2021 WC in IM GC 70.3 went up a lot recently.

The other impact of all the spring races postponed to the fall will be getting a slot for 2022 will be difficult. I assume all the remaining races will have fewer slots each since there will be more 2022 qualifier races than usual.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Mar 21, 21 4:49
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs St G slots [TryPT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe 70.3 World slots are usually available through July 31 for that year. Then the switch to 2022 occurs for races post-August. That's what I have usually seen on races.

2022 is supposed to be New Zealand right? I imagine people might pass on those slots pretty readily given the huge travel required, kinda like what happened for South Africa.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs St G slots [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seems like GC has 100. Is that more than normal? Do you know how they’re divided among the age groups?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs St G slots [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw that too. 100 is massively more than normal. GC usually has 40, which is more than most races. They initially announced 60 slots for this year and then upped that to 100. I think they put the breakout details in the athlete guide, but it has been hard to find in the past— not an intuitive spot.

Think of it this way... if an AG used to have 3 slots, which was the norm for my old AG, then this year it might have 8.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs St G slots [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I initially signed up for Galveston it only had 30 slots. Now it has 100.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs St G slots [StanleyCup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Incorrect re typical cut-off—it typically is at end of June for the given year’s 70.3 WC.

I saw St G has 150 slots for the WC! Least competitive field for a WC in years, when you also consider the deep roll downs that took slots for last year’s cancelled NZ race.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs St G slots [trimike77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trimike77 wrote:
When I initially signed up for Galveston it only had 30 slots. Now it has 100.

The email last week said it had 60. Where are you getting 100?

Edit

Looks like it’s 100 on the event website but the email from the RD says 60.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Last edited by: Callin': Mar 21, 21 9:51
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Champs St G slots [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes incorrect on the cut off. Always included July races to mid month for the same year's WC.
Quote Reply