Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread)
Quote | Reply
As I'm on probation from Dev for neglecting my duties, I figured I'd get the jump on this after a 4am wake-up to volunteer at a local tri.

Looks like it's going to be a very warm day in NV...already 81F at 5:30am & topping out around 100F.

---

Brian Shea
http://www.PersonalBestNutrition.com
Open-Water/Masters Swimming at the Jersey Shore:
Monmouth County NJ Ocean Swim/Masters Workouts
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [BrianPBN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting to see the commentating panel consisting of Welchie, an AG mom and Josh Cox. Nice to see MJ getting a day off. I think Matt Lieto does a great job and hope they give him some air time.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [mitchrapp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chris lieto needs to get back to racing.... butchered 3 words in 20 seconds in his first cameo haha....

Can't wait to watch this... its going to be amazing! 20 guys that can all win

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [Tri-livin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know that Chris has a stutter, so give the guy a chance to warm up to this...combine nerves and emotion of not racing with a stuttering issue, and it might be a difficult start. Very few more quality people, and I look forward to his view on the race.

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oh.. I'm a huge lieto fan... and I shouldn't have been so quick to write a criticizing post...

huge respect for the guy and am very anxious to get his take on the race as well!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------
COROS Sports Science

Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [Tri-livin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries, just part of his charm. He's so good and races so hard, it's good to know he's fallable.

It won't be the first time I'm sure, but he will give us amazing insight too I hope!

Brent

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
M. Realart! smashing it it!

Kelly Williamson will be hard to beat from that position too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hmmm....cops just told my timing crew only allowed 1 timing system in the Park so we had to pull 12/35 Miles out....they are rushing it to outside the park....weird...
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How could timing stations possibly have any impact on anything except the quality of triathlon fan's experience. That's insane.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do the timing mats resemble a pipe bomb in anyway?
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Using Pro Chip, simple wire duct tape on the road....insane is exactly what it is....that officer might be working security at Walmart next week...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah that's ridiculous. I'd love to hear his reasoning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to go WAY out on a limb and say Angela Naeth has a lead off the bike for the women.

If she runs like last weekend, she might win. Depends how Hauschildt and Carfrae ride.

Should be a good race if we see it :)

Brent

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope it's not fragile limb. I am thinking I will head out there with you.

I felt like the women's race was well represented last year. We will see.

I M. Raelert is just chillin in that pack he is gonna be scary later. I picking him today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who is that? Moar! finally MJ has been replaced, and it seems they have done well!
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [mcvilligan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This run could be amazing, hoping the bike gets slower so Jesse Thomas can catch up, Symonds ran well last year. See how Crowie responds to pressure the whole run. This could be awesome!

Brent

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where are you watching the event
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regarding Rinny, I haven't seen any scintillating performances from her since she stopped working with Siri and began coaching herself. I would be happy to see her put in a good bike ride here today and then let that run seal a deal. It kind of breaks my heart when she runs a crazy great 3rd leg but it only brings her up into say 3rd.

Neath on the move! If she has a min on Williamson I think she can do it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think there is any way these guys are gonna back off on the bike. Too many hungry and bad ass dudes there.
Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [chris9304] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman.com

Brent

Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [mcvilligan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw her race up close in Lake Stevens, and she was pretty awesome there. Fastest bike in crap conditions (not great field but...) and 1:19 on tough run. I think she needs to be within a minute of Hauschildt to have a punchers chance. But, if she caught Williamson and they ran together, could be an epic run...

Boys will be boys, they will test each other, only Kienle will have a chance of going off the front I think...

Brent

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And right after I typed that, looks like Sebi is right there...so things are about to get interesting!

Brent

Quote Reply
Re: IM 70.3 World Championship (Official Thread) [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only allowed 1, did not like the fact that we were putting duct tape on the road...

On top of that my guy almost got a ticket for for not having a vest....

Top 40 are at the turn, the system was moved out of the park at 43 miles so we will get a split there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raelert in the tent! I guess that is the end of playing it coy in the pack for him. He will need to be charging hard for the rest of the day now! Cool (the charging, not the penalty. Penalty = boo)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Neath with a flat. Nooooooooo!
Quote Reply

Prev Next