Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMTX Race Report - Ask Away [Simple Stevie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HA! I can honestly say that one of the first thoughts I had after the race was "at least now I have a legitimate excuse to not do the Kona Beer Mile again this year." Those short races just don't suit me. I didn't have a good game plan coming into that race. I thought I could just focus on the running part of things, but was caught off guard by the sheer volume of beer I would have to consume in a short amount of time in order to be a contender. AJ proved to be the better man on the day, it was a humbling experience.
Last edited by: matthansontri: May 27, 15 8:53
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report - Ask Away [matthansontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt,

Is your pre-race breakfast made up of only liquids? If so, is that due to a sensitive gut?

Thanks,
Sylvain
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report - Ask Away [sylvain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sylvain wrote:
Matt,

Is your pre-race breakfast made up of only liquids? If so, is that due to a sensitive gut?

Thanks,
Sylvain

No, I don't think I have a sensitive gut by any means. I seem to be able to abuse it pretty well on the bike without issue. I do an all fluid breakfast so I know my stomach will be empty by the time the race starts. Basically, I want to get to the start line feeling a little hungry, but knowing all of the tanks are topped off.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report - Ask Away [matthansontri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A very late follow up Q if I may (as I found this whilst planning for 2016): how much do you think familiarisation with the course (esp on bike) helped, if at all? Did you ride or drive the course in the run up to race day? As a 1 lap course I guess its hard to remember 112 miles of road though!
Quote Reply

Prev Next