Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMTX 2020 course?
Quote | Reply
Anyone have info/rumors on what the 2020 course will look like? Bike still on the tollway?
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And does anyone know what the water temp will be?
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, 74-78 F, none of which would affect my decision to register. The bike course on the other hand...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess is it stays on the Hardy as long as there isn't a repeat of what happened last year.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kind of my guess too, but was hoping. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
My guess is it stays on the Hardy as long as there isn't a repeat of what happened last year.

Tomorrow will be interesting, they are trying to keep photographers off the hardy but at same time are saying there will be more marshals.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More? You mean they will actually have marshals as last year there were none it seemed.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
More? You mean they will actually have marshals as last year there were none it seemed.

:-(

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m staying at the hotel all the marshals are staying at. Speaking with them they have said they will be out on the bike course in numbers and have a strong plan to keep things safe and fair. Here’s hoping they get it right this year. Good luck for anyone else racing in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:

You do realize that the drafting/marshal situation really wasn’t IM’s fault last year. The same course was used in 2017 with marshals and there really weren’t too many issues. Last years for some reason the police prevent the marshals from accessing the course at the last minute and all hell broke loose.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you, perhaps, noticed that the WTC really does not care about drafting? Whether the police were the reason on the day or not, it does not change the sad fact that cheating is not only acceptable in our sport, but somewhat encouraged. There is only one way to fix that....

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard it will not be on the hardy due to amount of $$$$ it cost them. Where the heck they will have it no idea. Rumor is out towards humble and atascocita. Also next year will most highly likely be the last year of the race in the woodlands or Texas for that matter. Last year of contract, yearly issues with the bike course and with another full star next year roughly same time - maybe later in May- generally in same middle section the US, this race is dead after next year
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [IUScott99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ImTx is one of their most profitable races. How could you possibly think it is almost dead?

Why wouldn’t the bike will be on the Hardy. All 112 bike course are “expensive.”
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
ImTx is one of their most profitable races. How could you possibly think it is almost dead?

Why wouldn’t the bike will be on the Hardy. All 112 bike course are “expensive.”

- how do you know this race, or any of their races are actually profitable? It is very popular in the corporate world to “hide” losses by absorbing debt, as the executive bonuses are based on revenues and stock performance (which is largely based on revenue). I am fairly certain that Wanda has not, and will not publish a PL statement :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When does registration open?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [SnappingT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear this from someone who actually is in the know. Thanks Tim.

They did a great job this year sorting out not only the drafting but the distances. Kudos to all involved on the RD’s team. BTW nice job at the helm of the ship ;)
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [TravelingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll second that. Did the race in 2017 and this year (missed the fun last year).

Well done to the Marshalls and I had 112mi course on my Garmin not like the 110mi in 2017.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX 2020 course? [TravelingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome. Pat Green and I, who works with me on my open water swim events, put that together at the last minute. So thanks for the kudos. Always appreciated.

Tim

http://www.magnoliamasters.com
http://www.snappingtortuga.com
http://www.swimeasyspeed.com
Quote Reply