Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMTX19 - Where are you at
Quote | Reply
Almost 60 days out from IMTX and starting to get excited, the real training for myself begins about now.

After a 10 week layoff with a busted up hip due a bike crash and another almost another 2 months in a rehab period decided to go for a 3rd IMTX. Gave 12 weeks to get myself in order, have a 6 year background in triathlon so this should be an interesting experiment. Going for pure base training. Looking at minimal taper right now but will reevaluate as race day approaches.

Swim - solid 3 to 3.5 k sessions , not expecting many gains this year but looking to minimize residual fatigue on the rest of the race. Swam 68 min last year, I figure anything under 75 minutes this year will be a bonus. Not expecting wetsuits.

Bike - first 4 hour ride yesterday, felt pretty good surprisingly, finished very strong. Did some over under intervals in the 2nd and 4th hour 10% above and below IM effort. Felt about right.

Run - 18k negative split, 2nd half upper Z2. again felt good, finished strong at an appropriate effort level.

So where are you in your training, physical, mental or otherwise?
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX19 - Where are you at [TravelingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The real question is: will the drafting be fixed

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX19 - Where are you at [Toothengineer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toothengineer wrote:
The real question is: will the drafting be fixed

im very curious of this as well.

im loosely shooting for IMTX 2020 to be my first full course. if they draft issue is prevalent this year then ill def be looking for another race next year.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Deferred my IMTX 2018 entry to 2019 because I broke some ribs the end of 2017 and wasn't ready for 2018. Then I had a bad bike crash in 2018, which resulted in having shoulder surgery in November so I'm out again this year. So is my $750 or whatever since I can't defer a deferral.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I'm skipping it... not really motivated and woefully out of shape. First time ever that I'll skip a race I signed up for :(

E

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX19 - Where are you at [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
I think I'm skipping it... not really motivated and woefully out of shape. First time ever that I'll skip a race I signed up for :(

E

ditto....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting over an injury, haven't run in 3 weeks. Biking and swimming on track. I'm still a little squishy, but more cushion for the pushin' baby.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Going well, I will be ready to rock.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX19 - Where are you at [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, I will be there. Have to keep the IMTX finishes streak alive as being 1 of the 15 who has finished every year now.

Heard that the toll road will be better divided for bike traffic, and should lessen the draft packs.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Last edited by: Taugen: Feb 23, 19 11:35
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX19 - Where are you at [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready to race in tx but have been in the dumps reading about how bad the drafting has been there particularly. Out of curiosity how will the toll roads help diffuse drafting in 2019
Quote Reply