Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMOO Bike Course Update
Quote | Reply
For folks planning to ride the bike course this summer, find out what the new route might be before you do. I have it on fairly good authority that the course will not be using Timber Lane to cross CTH S(Mineral Point) as S will be closed by the county for reconstruction through there and won't be giving a permit to cross it. At least that is what I was told today, who knows if that will change. S is scheduled for construction July thru Oct. KP is getting chip sealed again this year too.
Quote Reply
Re: IMOO Bike Course Update [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I basically live at the intersection of Timber and Mineral Point and know they are working on the roads this summer. Hadn't heard it would affect IMWI, but it makes sense that it would given the timing below.

Project:CTH S (Minteral Point Rd)Starting Intersection:Pioneer RoadEnding Intersection:CTH PDates:July to October 2019 Attachments: CTH S Detour Map

Project Information
Dane County will be reconstructing CTH S from Pioneer Road to CTH P in the Towns of Middleton and Cross Plains. The project includes the following work: replace culverts, improve intersection geometrics, pulverize and relay the existing pavement and construct a new Hot Mix Pavement. CTH S at Pioneer Road will be widened and median islands with dedicated left turn lanes and traffic signals will be constructed.
The road will be closed to through traffic but open to local traffic accessing residential and business driveways located within the construction zone. There will be a signed detour on USH 12, USH 14 and CTH P
Quote Reply
Re: IMOO Bike Course Update [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually kind of liked the course with Barlow in it. I didn’t think it was that bad, and you only did it once, which I thought made the course slightly easier. It was also fun reading all the super panicky posts on the Facebook IM Wisconsin Training Group page. People really freak out about that hill...it’s funny how many folks think you need to walk up it, it’s so bad.

Quote | Reply
I agree about Barlow thought it added more to the race. Looking forward to Moo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Jeff

I talked to the project engineer, as well as Ironman and the race course will be the same as last year. They will roll the intersection of timber and mineral point/S if it’s needed.

People need not worry!

Blake

Professional Triathlete
Owner of Blake Becker Multisport Coaching LLC / Team BBMC
blakebeck@gmail.com
http://www.teambbmc.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMOO Bike Course Update [Blakebecker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Blakebecker wrote:
Hey Jeff

I talked to the project engineer, as well as Ironman and the race course will be the same as last year. They will roll the intersection of timber and mineral point/S if it’s needed.

People need not worry!

Blake

I've done both courses and personally prefer Timber over Barlow. I like a hard hill but the Barlow course didn't allow for nearly as much spectator viewing which made it less far less fun. Plus, I always felt uneasy going through Pine Bluff... 40+mph through that intersection is really unsafe. I don't trust the volunteers and traffic officers nearly enough for that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was in office when he was reading your email and they were not sure if you were the event planner but quickly figured it out. yes, open, just gravelly once construction starts. I don't believe the permit has been requested yet, for the event.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Small world 🌎!!

Nice of Greg to get back to me so quickly!

Professional Triathlete
Owner of Blake Becker Multisport Coaching LLC / Team BBMC
blakebeck@gmail.com
http://www.teambbmc.com
Quote Reply
Re: IMOO Bike Course Update [spot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
been on the back of an Officials Moto a few times and from about the middle of the pack and further back - LOTS of people walked Barlow....I am sure a few people will not miss it at all...:-)

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
just started there last week, as the "young" engineer. it's a different world from consulting land
Quote Reply