Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMMT: Hotel advice
Quote | Reply
Hello All,

I have signed up for Ironman Mont Tremblant, I have started looking into some of the hotels and A) wow not cheap, B) a lot of them are booked up already.

I am thinking about staying in the village, just for ease of access, and for my wife that way if she wants a break can easily walk back to the hotel and isn't trapped due to closed roads etc.

Anyone have any suggestions on good place? and should i just accept it will be ~1000 for 3 nights.

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT: Hotel advice [Murph333] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I paid $730 for 3 nights in the village at place st bernard. I booked it somewhat last minute. It wasn't available when i first started looking, which was sometime in the winter. I originally had a much more expensive place with free cancellations just to secure a place.

I thought the place was great. 1 bedroom with a pullout couch in living room, kitchen and small patio that overlooked the village.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT: Hotel advice [hubcaps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the condos adjacent to the village. Tons of options available via AirBnB. We stayed there and loved it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't recall tour des vouyageur being super expensive... but even if it was, it was worth it to be pretty much in transition from the backdoor.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stayed at a condo at Les Maniors, which is a five minute walk from transition. It was great and way cheaper than staying in the village.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have stayed in the village and I have stayed in the condos up the hill across Duplessis. I recommend the later as it is much quieter and you can get away from the IM mayhem. It is walkable to the village and there are shuttles that run over as well. You really can’t go wrong with any of the hotels right in the village if you pick that. They are all super nice. But, yes, also not cheap.

Quote | Reply
Have raced there 4 times total. 1X outside the village and 3X in the village. By far, in the village is SO much easier. Stayed at the Homewood Suites by Hilton and the Tours de Voyageurs and can't go wrong with either. Yes, it is expensive but so worth it on race morning to go get your stuff done in transition and then head back to hotel to chill before the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Murph333 wrote:
Hello All,

I have signed up for Ironman Mont Tremblant, I have started looking into some of the hotels and A) wow not cheap, B) a lot of them are booked up already.

I am thinking about staying in the village, just for ease of access, and for my wife that way if she wants a break can easily walk back to the hotel and isn't trapped due to closed roads etc.

Anyone have any suggestions on good place? and should i just accept it will be ~1000 for 3 nights.

Thanks,

Be cautious if booking through tremblant.ca; Book direct. If you use the website, do make sure you confirm with the actual hotel/vendor, not tremblant.ca; and that distinction of contacting them is not obvious in the email they send you. I made a reservation more than 6 months in advance, in the village for the same reasons as you. Long story short, the vendor had no record of our reservation (even though we had confirmation calls from Tremblant weeks and days before) and we ended up being moved to a lake about 30-40 minutes outside of the venue area, minus a room that we needed for family members who slept on a couch. They were also SOL on the rest you pointed out between sightings of me during the race... Huge inconvenience during IMMT race week (pretty much no time to look around the venue finding an alternative and increased commute times).

I think we were in the ballpark of 1200 for 3 nights.

That aside, the 2018 race itself was fantastic. My favorite course for 20+ years of racing. 10:12 finish, great weather, bike course is smooooth, and run is on a secluded (shaded) bike path half the time. In the end, well worth the hassle, time and money.

Good luck.

Matt Leu, M.S. Kinesiology
San Pedro Fit Works, Los Angeles, CA
Endurance Athlete and Coach
Consistency/time=results
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have done the full 7x...always stayed in a 2 bedroom condo in Les Manoirs for less than 200 a night. Look on VRBO....should be plenty of options in all price ranges. Les Manoirs, Les Eaux or any on the mountain are close! Good luck! You will love that race:)
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT: Hotel advice [charlietris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at the Holiday Inn Express in the village last summer. Very happy with the location and convenience.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a great stay with family at L'Ermitage du Lac. Close to transition and convenient to the swim start, and we had a full kitchenette with stove that we made dinner in. Got a ground floor room, so could just wheel the bike out the back patio door and onto the path.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've done the full and the 1/2 here and both times I stayed in the village. It was very convenient for myself and my wife. I signed up for the full again in 2019 and tried to book at similar places but noticed the prices have really jumped up. I ended up finding a nice condo in the old Mont Tremblant village for much less. It will be a bit more work getting back and forth especially post race but I was trying to keep costs down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had a big group when my husband did the IM in 2016. We stayed here - it was UNBELIEVABLE and right on the run course. Just gorgeous.

https://www.vrbo.com/510793

Its a 3 bedroom, so we were able to fit 3 couples and 3 kids.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in 2016 we stayed at Sommet Des Nieges. its at the top of the pedestrian village and at the base of the mountain, skiers would ski into the lobby in winter time. this year we stayed at the Hermitage du Lac. similar type of place, super nice, great staff. its about 100m from the finish. both were awesome. if coming from the USA, exchange rate will help. youll like being in the village for the race experience and if coming with family, they'll have a ton to do while waiting for you to come by
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did tour de voyageurs in village for 4 nights. My first IM and first time to tremblant but all my research pointed to being in the village as a huge bonus from a convenience standpoint for me and anyone spectating.

I made reservation over phone, person was great and helpful. ask about a rate reduction for ironman, they took off 10%ish from the originally quoted rate for me.

I love reading threads about this race, there's always so much positive stuff said! And whatever you pay for lodging, know it'll be way cheaper than whatever you'd have to do in lake placid! (Not speaking from direct experience, just reading on these threads).
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT: Hotel advice [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone!!!

and thanks for the head up on 10% off for "Ironman" too.

thats nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would second that staying in the village is the best option, especially if you have family/kids/friends with you. There is a ton in the village to do (for old and young - the family loved the zip line last time) and you can just park the car for 3 days.

As someone else pointed out, you can go down to transition on race morning and get your bike ready and then go back to your hotel for last minute toilet duties or a quick nap or meal.

I have heard that some of the condos that overlook the village are a bit or a pain (esp with small children).
You might also consider where the stage and band play etc the night before the race. Once we had a room right by the finish line and it was noisy all night (which is great unless you have really small kids).

If you are a small group, then consider something like a vrbo or something just outside of the village.
If you can get something in the village with only a 3 night requirement, I think that is pretty good.

It might help if you could answer: How fast are you, how many have you done, who is travelling with you?

But like others have said, easily one of the best IM venues there is, no matter where you stay. I have done it 3 times and stayed there for skiing a number of times as well.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT: Hotel advice [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all, been watching this thread and considering 2019. Great info. Just me and the wife, if she could go back to the hotel and chill while I'm out riding and running, and pop down and see me, that would be nice.
Quote Reply