Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMLP
Quote | Reply
Im getting ready to race this weekend up in Lake Placid. I know in the past the weather has been spotty. Is anyone concerned about the thunderclouds showing on the weather app? It seems to be changing everyday so maybe I just need to stop looking đŸ˜‚. Looking forward to Sunday and good weather!!
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP [lem1083] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
" Is anyone concerned about the thunderclouds showing on the weather app?"

Well, it is the 10 year anniversary of the epic LP Monsoon of 08. We had the same forecast; chance of thunderstorms. The front stalled and it poured from the time the gun went off till the sun went down. IIRC, over 2+ inches in 12 hours. To this day I've never seen it rain that hard for that long.

But nah. I wouldn't worry ;)
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stillrollin wrote:
" Is anyone concerned about the thunderclouds showing on the weather app?"

Well, it is the 10 year anniversary of the epic LP Monsoon of 08. We had the same forecast; chance of thunderstorms. The front stalled and it poured from the time the gun went off till the sun went down. IIRC, over 2+ inches in 12 hours. To this day I've never seen it rain that hard for that long.

But nah. I wouldn't worry ;)

That was such an awesome day. I was spectating. :)
Lake Placid's weather changes on a dime. Just bring everything you need to be prepared for anything.
M~
Quote Reply
Re: IMLP [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:

That was such an awesome day. I was spectating. :)
quote]

Once I was wet, it was like "oh well" but man I felt terrible for my wife, kids and even my outlaws.
Standing around must've sucked. A belated "thanks for being out there" ;)
Last edited by: stillrollin: Jul 17, 18 6:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The weather can change on a dime up there. I remember one year it being hot and humid for the first loop of the bike, drenching downpours during the second (made for a nerve-wracking descent into Keene), more heat and humidity during the run a heavy rain and a wild thunderstorm during the last hour of the race that had them shut down the finish area. People were still coming in before midnight but they had shutdown the PA system and cleared the bleachers, and then announced everyone who came in during the storm at the awards ceremony the next day.

Another year (I think 2003) had incredible rain, wind and hail throughout the afternoon. As someone else said, be prepared for anything. Good luck!

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: IMLP [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes, that was epic! i remember seeing the photos after the event and thinking....we spent the day in that? haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Weather for Sunday is looking a little glum, with showers expected here and there (although my understanding is the weather is pretty temperamental and could change at a moment's notice). In the event it does rain, how do you guys plan on adjusting your race day apparel, gear and strategy for the rain (particularly on the swim and bike)?
Quote Reply