Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMH qualifying: IMF vs. IM MOO
Quote | Reply
I am trying to plan my season. I want to qualify for Hawaii (2004) at one of these two races and was wondering if one is more competitive than the other.

I have a recent injury which is taking time to heal, as a result my training is way down. Thus IMF would allow more time to regain form.

I am relatively weaker on hills and seem to perform better on flatter courses where aerodynamics and holding speed are needed. Thus IMF would seem to suit me better, although I have also heard that it is too flat for comfort.

The two knocks I've heard against IMF (3 if you think it's too flat) are: 1) I've heard it is relatively stiffer competition and 2) it is harder to do long rides/bricks in Sept/Oct in the northern climate (Ontario) with colder weather and shorter days.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Richard
Quote Reply
Re: IMH qualifying: IMF vs. IM MOO [Richard_M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
time is your friend if your coming off an injury. do imf and have fun at disney world and give winnie the pooh a hug for me! (i have 4 pooh bear tattoos. just giving more info than you want to know.)

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My guess Florida this year is already sold out and it qualifies for the following year so if you are already in thats fine but if not.......it will be HA 05

Moooo is the same race Moo this year HA next.

As to the competition thing, thats a crock of S**t. Every IMNA even presents very strong fields, the courses are very different. Joe Boness thought WI was the hardest IMNA course.

A guy I know that's gone 8.30 at Roth went 9.40, Roth was a long time ago but just check out the times.

5 fastest bike split was 5 hours.

There is no ez way to qualify so you pick your course and train appropriately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Both 03 races are sold out...you will have to nab a qualifying spot for either of them to race this year.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: IMH qualifying: IMF vs. IM MOO [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tommy.

I've got my qualifying race for IMF or IMMOO all picked out. Shouldn't be a problem, assuming my injury heals.

I went 9:53 at IMC last year and qualified for IMH. Do you (or anyone else) have an idea what that time might translate into at IMF or IMMOO? Assuming I'm in equivalent shape I was thinking sub 9:45 at IMF. I have no idea about IMMOO. Slightly slower?

R.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Moo is supposedly slower and the bike splits clearly reflect that.

Never bothered to look at the run splits but the runs actually great except for Observatory drive and that really, the last time, was the least of my problems.

Compare the bike splits from Canada and Moo and then bear in mind that Lieto rode the fastest split......it is a tough course.
Quote Reply
Re: IMH qualifying: IMF vs. IM MOO [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What does moo stand for?

Thanks,

-kevin

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: IMH qualifying: IMF vs. IM MOO [Kevin_Queens] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman WI, Moooo = the dairy state :)
Quote Reply