Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMC Question
Quote | Reply
Its been years since I've posted on this forum, or for that matter, raced an IM so I'm a little out of the loop.

I see IMC is moving back to Penticton and I'm contemplating it. Registration opens on Monday online. What is the registration process like these days? I see there's all kinds of priority registration options which makes me wonder if the race will fill right away. Back in the day, the race would either fill up on-site or in minutes on-line. Anyone have any idea what to expect when registration opens on Monday?

And a follow-up for the locals, what's the word on the lodging situation? Should we still expect pretty much everything to be booked a year in advance? I assume most places are going to want at least 5 days booking?

thanks for any info.
David
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Question [421.8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So nowadays there are 2 ways to register early online, first is AWA, the loyalty program, second is triclub. I think triclub opened up today so my guess is if it hasn't gotten to tier 3 (new tiers are based on slots not on time) then I suspect it'll be fine. It's a new date, a month later than Whistler so it may be unpredictable.

ETA: Very few NA races sell out at all these days, only maybe AZ and Oceanside sell out within a day or two of opening, although I think AZ stretched out a bit more this past year. However, Tulsa went to tier 4 quickly and Des Moines sold out quite fast so the "newer" races may be attracting more excitement. I quote newer because we all know penticton isn't new but it seems a lot of people are excited about it's return to the WTC circuit.

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Last edited by: hadukla: Jul 19, 19 13:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You will be fine..... the quickest it will sell out will be 24 hours. But I don't think it will. I don't think most folks racing nowadays know or even care about Penticton's history.

Either way, once you are in the registration page, active holds your spot for 15 minutes so you can take your time filling out everything. That wasn't the case years ago.... you had to type/click super fast, do a dance, and cross your fingers you were fast enough.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Question [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>> That wasn't the case years ago.... you had to type/click super fast, do a dance, and cross your fingers you were fast enough.

That's kinda what I was expecting. I remember having to be logged into Active ahead of time frantically typing and hoping the next page would load without an error :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is on tier 3 but we don't know how many tiers there are.

tier 1 was about 100 people as after opening night up about 120 people it was already into tier 2.

They could make the tiers
1- first 100 people
2- first 200 people
3- first 500 people
4 - next 2000 people , but everyone panic and signup thinking it is almost full. ( good marketing plan)

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone received the tri-club registration link yet?
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Question [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I registered online with an AWA code and got Tier 1 pricing. I paid $700 plus the various fees so I assume there were more than 100 spots in each tier.

Triathletetoth wrote:
It is on tier 3 but we don't know how many tiers there are.

tier 1 was about 100 people as after opening night up about 120 people it was already into tier 2.

They could make the tiers
1- first 100 people
2- first 200 people
3- first 500 people
4 - next 2000 people , but everyone panic and signup thinking it is almost full. ( good marketing plan)
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Question [TriMom95] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok maybe it was 150. I am guessing st that

But I had a client at the sign up in penticton pay $793. ( not sure the extra charges)

She though she was already into tier two.

Have an awesome training year and race day.

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Question [Triathletetoth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s CAD.
I registered yesterday and it cost me $680 US dollars. Around CAD800
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Question [KingMidas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I know that. Thanks

Quote Reply