Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMC: where to take photos on the bike course?
Quote | Reply
Most of the photos I have of others and myself on the bike are more or less front photos going uphill or flat and few side pix in aerobars. I would like to take some action photos, maybe taking a turn downhill or something like that. Never been to the Whistler course so any suggestions as where would be a good place? I am not a commercial photographer, just an amateur who would do this for my own hobby.
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC: where to take photos on the bike course? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a lot of turns on the course. But if you wanted more action shots, I would go to Callaghan. Bombing descents and beautiful scenery, plus that road is a lot quieter than the highway though not sure how easy to get up and down it on race day. There is a right hand turn at the bottom of Callaghan back on to the highway that will probably be at a pretty good speed for most. Plus, you may be able to get a bear or two in the background on Callaghan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alta Lake Road is close to the Village, has great scenery, tight turns, and a couple fast, winding descents (or climbs!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d agree with Alta Lake Road however you’ll have to catch everyone right out of the swim as they only use it once this year

Also agree with Callaghan but it’s 20 ish miles south of town and you would have to ride your own bike or walk up as they won’t let you drive it race day.

The rest is literally highway 99
Quote Reply
Re: IMC: where to take photos on the bike course? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. Is riding a scooter on the bike course OK on the morning of the race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No, thank you!
Check the traffic impact guide on the website for highway access times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the most iconic shots will be on Callaghan with the mountains in the background. Especially if with a long zoom and wide aperture to get the background mountains in focus.

There will also be some great pictures to be had with Daisy lake in the background (but that will be a pain to get to).

An easier spot to get to will be one of the downhills just after the start on Rainbow road, everyone is fresh and will be charging (but it is harder to pick out specific athletes).

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would appreciate pictures within the first 10 miles where I look and feel strong

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply