Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMAZ on line registration
Quote | Reply
What are my odds of getting into IMAZ 2016 via online on the Monday reg opens, if at all, for us peons?

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ on line registration [mooseknuckle69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mooseknuckle69 wrote:
What are my odds of getting into IMAZ 2016 via online on the Monday reg opens, if at all, for us peons?

Likely zero. Last year, the race never even went to online reg.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ on line registration [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your only chance may be the race ready package onsale next friday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably a foundation slot but not a regular one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I flew down last year to volunteer (so that i could get a spot)

When you factor in:
  • airfare
  • hotel
  • food
  • vacation days

It would have been far less expensive to buy the foundation slot. (Of course, it is always an amazing experience watching an Ironman race. I had friends racing so i wanted to go anyways. Volunteers/crowds are part of what makes an Ironman experience... so it was just part of my IMAZ 2015 story)

I do the same thing as them, just slower
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ on line registration [skot123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even if it goes online, which is unlikely, there probably won't be more than 100 spots left. You have almost no chance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are they doing the race ready packages again this year? What will the half be with Silverman getting the ax?
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ on line registration [Nato6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ on line registration [kwikfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

yep, it's been on their website for a couple weeks under the registration tab for 2016. even if you don't race the 70.3, it's still more cost effective than traveling to AZ and volunteering. I assume these will go pretty quickly. I did the Silverman package this year and was gone in about an hour.

2016 RACE READY PACKAGE IRONMAN 70.3 arizona and IRONMAN arizona 2016 IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona and IRONMAN Arizona offers the ideal set-up for athletes in the Southwest: priority entry into both 2016 IRONMAN 70.3 Arizona – scheduled for Sunday, October 16, 2016 and 2016 IRONMAN Arizona – scheduled for Sunday, November 20, 2016. We have set aside a limited number of pre-sale slots for this package, which will go on sale Friday, November 13, 2015 (MST) for 24 hours only, closing at 9 a.m. (MST), Saturday, November 14, 2015. The cost of the package is $990.00 USD plus Active fees, which covers registration costs (tier 1) for both events. Don’t miss out on this opportunity
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ on line registration [Nato6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nato6 wrote:
Are they doing the race ready packages again this year? What will the half be with Silverman getting the ax?

Where did you see/hear Silverman was getting axed? I just did it for the first time and was looking forward to doing again next year. Its still on WTC site as date TBD. Can't find any cancel info.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ on line registration [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I might be wrong. When I was there I heard other athletes saying it was the race's last year.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm racing this year and got signed up last year online Monday's Registration. Foundation Slot right from the start if you go in and try to grab a normal slot you won't make it go straight to the foundation slot and sign up you'll probably get in. A little more money but it's tax deductible.
Last edited by: joehysong: Nov 7, 15 7:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone for the information, looks like foundation spot is the way to go.

------------------------------------------------------------
"PAIN is nothing compared to what it feels like to QUIT" Wink
Quote Reply