Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
IMAZ 2020 Registration?
Quote | Reply
Anyone know when this opens for registration online? Last time I did it it was selling out in minutes, and it opened in the morning after the race.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [wylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AWA registration is Monday. Tri Club registration is Wednesday. Both good through Sunday, December 1st. My guess is general registration will be Monday, December 2nd.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Nov 24, 19 15:23
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks. I'm not AWA or Tri club, but are any spots likely to be left by the 2nd December?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone receive their AWA registration code yet? I am silver, but have not.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [Karl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm an AWA as well and I haven't received anything.

Their new website is so poorly made, it's painful to watch. I guess their mailing system is not much better either.

To be honest, they don't really need a non-shitty site if people create threads to discuss how to purchase their products faster.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Meanwhile. The registration is still in the process of being opened soon, but Tier 1 is already sold out! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in a tri club and got the email last week that registration opens Wednesday and general registration opens on Sunday.

I just took a look at the website and tier 1 is already sold out. Knowing my luck by the time I register on Wednesday it'll be at tier 4.

I think I read somewhere that last year it sold out about 7 hours after general registration opened.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [ask77nl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The IM registration system is complete crap. I routinely don’t get the early registration codes for AWA Gold, but then sometimes do. They can’t fix it. Good luck dealing with their customer service.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife received her AWA registration a few days ago and signed up this morning when it went live.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Nov 25, 19 16:13
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [trigirl2013] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It didn't sell out in 7 hours last year. It was open for several days if my memory is correct
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is she AWA gold?

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No kidding. I’m trying to transfer out if IM St. George, it took two weeks for them to even acknowledge me. 5 tickets and probably ten emails later. Abysmal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The tier system is a joke - I registered within minutes of receiving email link and had to pay Tier 2 price - on top of tax and a $64+ fee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Karl wrote:
Is she AWA gold?

No bronze. I'm not sure if they have a different schedule depending on level, I think all AWA's go at the same time.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the catch is that AWA receive invitation for selected races (as advertised on their benefits page).

I just checked my inbox, I've received 10 invitations for 70.3 and 140.6 events this year. There are of course significantly more events opened. They're probably randomly sending invites to some races to some people
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finally got mine (silver).

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got an AWA invite and bought it. Somehow had to pay Tier 3 even if the site says Tier 2 is still open.
Ah, well, marketing!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just registered and it's definitely at Tier 3 pricing even though the website says it's at Tier 2.

$905 after taxes and Active fees. Yikes.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$948...

So, Traverse City 70.3 there were no taxes. It looks like I needed to re-up my USAT membership then...but this time? Cmon man. My membership doesn't expire until September of 2020, why does the software force me to re-up? Maybe the Lifetime membership is a smart idea?

So if you take out the taxes and USAT renewal, it would have been $800 after fees. I had a projected cost and Active and Ironman kicked that can down the road. Good thing I have WSG stock!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They also offered, and I purchased, race insurance for $90. I was surprised to see it because St George did not.
Due to a back injury, I used the insurance for this year’s race.

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For AWA Gold members, when did you receive your link? I received mine on Tuesday—well after the Monday opening.

The IM registration system baffles me. Sometimes, the access code comes nice and early before registration opens. Sometimes it comes afterwards or not at all. I understand that not all races have early access—I’m talking just about those that do.

The company has major quality control issues. Issues like this are allowed to linger for years, with nobody doing anything about it. Customer service rarely helps.

The AWA swim caps go straight to the trash. This is the one benefit that should be worth having.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clearly they're having some pretty serious issues. I was able to register on Monday, but as of today my card has yet to be charged. Typically, my card is charged instantly when I've registered for an event.
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [meronamkeithho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're probably not really registered. You just have an email that no one will be able find, 8 months from now.

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And why would they ditch the ability to notify people about race news and registration opening? I don’t see this anywhere on the new site. I guess the alternative is just refreshing all day long?
Quote Reply
Re: IMAZ 2020 Registration? [meronamkeithho] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you get an email receipt?

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply

Prev Next