Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IM: Salt water swim to T1&T2 clothes
Quote | Reply
A few questions from a novice. IM Florida is a salt water swim. I usually swim in speedo's under a wetsuit and change into bike shorts (I need the extra cushioning and the salt usually chafes me to mucho discomfort) and a tri top. After the bike, I keep the top on and change into desoto tri shorts---hence the lazyboy 10 minute transition times. The desoto powershort is too long and the padding too minimal. Do you wear socks during the ride?

Can anyone recommend a short length, well padded one piece tri suit or shorts. I'm comtenplating the TYR one piece, Louis Garneu tri shorts, or new Pearl Isumi shorts.

How do you wear them under your suit and swim (any arm restrictions?), and then race all day in them. I realize this my seem like a trivial post, but I'm seeking to improve my transition times. Any input greatly appreciated.....
Quote Reply
Re: IM: Salt water swim to T1&T2 clothes [Chris Bonz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A couple of things:

1) If you are going to change shorts in T2, why not ride a full cycle short - I've even completed up to OLY distance in a pair of Castelli P2VTs - or go mimimal on the short pad and throw a saddle cover on.

2) If you go with the Tri-suit and it feels restrictive on the swim, just undo the top and roll it down and tuck it in the waist line under the wetsuit. The ITU guys do this with no wetsuit so they don't have drag on the swim.

If you go full wetsuit and use a number belt you can also put this on underneath the wetsuit. Just one less thing to worry about.

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply