Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, PLEASE VOTE!
Quote | Reply
Please remember to vote on the USAT proposed bylaws change. These changes affect your membership in that (if passed): 1) you will not be able to vote on any bylaws changes again in the future, 2) your representation by “general directors” who you elect will be reduced from 6 to 4 members of the board, and 3) your representatives that you elect will not be elected from your region, but nationally so you may not know much or anything about the candidate or how they represent you.

I encourage you to exercise your right as a member while you still have it, and vote. Check your email and spam folder for an email from “USAT ELECTION COORDINATOR”. However you feel about the changes, please do vote.
Quote Reply
Re: IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, PLEASE VOTE! [ChuckG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Voted & voted no on both.

Thank you for putting this out there for the board to read.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChuckG wrote:
Please remember to vote on the USAT proposed bylaws change. These changes affect your membership in that (if passed): 1) you will not be able to vote on any bylaws changes again in the future, 2) your representation by “general directors” who you elect will be reduced from 6 to 4 members of the board, and 3) your representatives that you elect will not be elected from your region, but nationally so you may not know much or anything about the candidate or how they represent you.

I encourage you to exercise your right as a member while you still have it, and vote. Check your email and spam folder for an email from “USAT ELECTION COORDINATOR”. However you feel about the changes, please do vote.

Despite multiple messages to USAT I still do not have a ballot! Frustrating to say the least. 2 responses but still NO BALLOT!

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Re: IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, PLEASE VOTE! [playguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I assume you checked your spam folder for email from USAT ELECTION COORDINATOR. If your membership is current, you might try emailing (to have documentation) that you have not been sent a ballot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChuckG wrote:
I assume you checked your spam folder for email from USAT ELECTION COORDINATOR. If your membership is current, you might try emailing (to have documentation) that you have not been sent a ballot.

Yes to both. Checked spam and trash folder for the last week + and nothing! I have multiple emails to them to no avail.

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then I'd suggest calling and going to Rocky's extension. You will likely get Sandra, and she'll be great at helping to rectify.
Sorry you're having this issue and hopefully we don't have a lot of members experiencing the same.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ChuckG wrote:
Then I'd suggest calling and going to Rocky's extension. You will likely get Sandra, and she'll be great at helping to rectify.
Sorry you're having this issue and hopefully we don't have a lot of members experiencing the same.

Hope replied and she said she forwarded my message. Maybe I’ll get it at 3:02 am! ;-)

Kiwami Racing Team
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Done. Thank you for posting.

My votes:

No.
&
No.

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Members,

As President of the USA Triathlon Board of Directors, I want to be sure that you saw my member communication that went out regarding the election. I firmly believe that the proposed bylaw changes are good for the the continued growth of sport of triathlon and the Federation. I've included it bellow in case you may have missed it. I also encourage you to read the overview of changes and rational posted on the website and on the ballot.

Dear Members,
All USA Triathlon Annual Members as of February 1, 2021 should have received a special election ballot via email yesterday on Monday, March 1 – you have until March 30 at 11:59 p.m. MST to cast your vote.

On behalf of the USA Triathlon Board of Directors, I’m excited to share additional context and perspective for the proposed bylaw changes on which you have been asked to vote. The proposed revisions are positive and will support the growth of the sport. Here are the key changes that we are asking you to consider:
  • Board Composition: The passage of the Empowering Olympic, Paralympic and Amateur Athletes Act by Congress in October 2020 required the USA Triathlon Board of Directors to adjust its composition, giving Elite Athletes a larger voice on the Board and other volunteer groups, such as Committees. As a result of the Empowering Athletes Act, the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Committee now requires that the Board of Directors for U.S. National Governing Bodies (NGBs), like USA Triathlon, have at least one-third representation by Elite Athletes. In addition, the USOPC recommends but does not require that NGB Boards have at least 50 percent representation of truly Independent Directors to promote an unbiased approach. The Board has proposed a middle ground in which the representation of Independent Directors is one-third of the total Board composition. The resulting composition of the Board would be: four Elite Athletes, four General Directors and four Independent Directors.
  • Board Representation: The removal of the regional distinction for General Directors eliminates the perception that General Directors speak for a single region while also better leveraging the talents of our full membership. Still, the USA Triathlon Nominating and Governance Committee will ensure that the slate of candidates offered to members for vote is equitably distributed across the U.S. and representative of diverse perspectives. We also ensure that our members are represented directly through our Committee structure, many of which provide the foundation and critical input for Board decisions.
  • Bylaw Revisions: The proposed adjustment to the USA Triathlon bylaws that removes the required membership vote on changes to some sections of the bylaws enables the Board to react and respond quickly to the ever-changing legislative environment, and allows the Board to not have to wait until the following year’s election to modify bylaws and remain in compliance with federal law and USOPC measures. Additionally, we will use this opportunity to better engage both our committee members and all annual members on proposed bylaw changes, and actively solicit comprehensive feedback from everyone, rather than a simple yes-or-no vote.

I am thrilled to be part of the above comprehensive bylaw improvements. The Board of Directors, a volunteer group, remains dedicated to transparency and accountability to USA
Triathlon’s members and focused on growing the sport we all love.

We encourage you to read more detail about the proposed changes at this link. This message is also located prominently on the homepage of usatriathlon.org. Please feel free to reach out to me directly at joel.rosinbum@usatriathlon.org if you have any questions.

Thank you,
Joel Rosinbum
President, USA Triathlon Board of Directors

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Joel Rosinbum
President, USA Triathlon Board of Directors
twitter
instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you inputted your email onto this?

https://www.directvote.net/USAT/sendID.aspx

This was a tab you could click on the main log in. But obviously if you didn't get a ballot email you wouldn't have the ability to click it!

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Who comes up with the recommendation to no longer allow any bylaws to be voted on in the 1st place. Just the philosophy behind it is dumb imo....I'm assuming board members bring up these on the ballot.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
playguy wrote:
ChuckG wrote:

Hope replied and she said she forwarded my message. Maybe I’ll get it at 3:02 am! ;-)
I also read the following in their email.

For technical support (available Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Central Time, USA, excluding holidays), please call 952-974-2339 or email support@directvote.net.

For other questions or to request a paper ballot, please call (719) 597-1013 or email sandra.cook@usatriathlon.org.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: IF YOU HAVEN'T YET, PLEASE VOTE! [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a board member, I encourage you to vote how you feel. This is, after all, still - at the moment - an organization that is accountable to it's members, but with only 1% of the members typically voting, some feel as though the members just don't care and don't need to be involved. I am not of that belief.

If you are in favor of the changes proposed, vote yes, but if you are opposed and still want the option to have a say in the bylaws and electing your board representatives, vote no. BUT VOTE. Thank you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody else never get the email?
Quote Reply