Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:

I'm glad he was booed.

The booing sent an unmistakable lesson to kids -- your rep gets questioned forever if you dope, no coming back. That's a good lesson.

still I'd have been happier if it was dead silence. Booing belongs at a WWF match, not a world championship.
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not naive enough to think the rest of the field are on bread and water. But I'm still prepared to give the benefit of the doubt until such time as there is evidence to show otherwise. In Gatlin's case there's 2 failed tests. Fans don't want him in the sport, and the booing makes that clear to him. They're also booing the USATF and IAAF for allowing him to be there. I hope somebody is listening.
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
Sanuk wrote:
Bolt has passed every drug test thrown at him in the last 10 years.

So, people really haven't learned anything from that whole Lance thing...

Lance failed at least 6 tests, I believe, Bolt hasn't failed one.

Wie don't really know.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
What happened today in womens 10,000 & mens 100 was T&F killing itself. What an absolute farce. And 24hrs after the medal ceremony for silver/bronze Goucher/Pavy respectively earned 10 years ago.

Nevermind last nights mens 10,000. Really? Undefeated for 6 years but won squat before moving to Salazar. While the race itself most exciting in a decade with crazy lap fluctuations its not believable.

I have to get myself to a place i have with cycling. Treat it like sport entertainment like my love for NFL, NHL because today was an utter joke.

I understand your point and it was ridiculous to some extent.

But I actually think the women 10000m showed that you could compete for medals clean. Yes, Ayana could be doped to the gills as well as second and third place. I do not
think they are clean.

However Ayana smoked the field in such a dominant manner, that a clean Ayana would still compete for medals. So a runner with her talent could be on pan y aqua and still be competitive. I wouldn't have thought that to be possible.

About Gatlin. One strong point to ban hardcore dopers for their lifetime is the following:
Gatlin still benefits from his drug abuse, even when he is clean now. So it's an unfair advantage.

10k - 30:48 / half - 1:06:40
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [ToBeasy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ToBeasy wrote:
rhys wrote:
What happened today in womens 10,000 & mens 100 was T&F killing itself. What an absolute farce. And 24hrs after the medal ceremony for silver/bronze Goucher/Pavy respectively earned 10 years ago.

Nevermind last nights mens 10,000. Really? Undefeated for 6 years but won squat before moving to Salazar. While the race itself most exciting in a decade with crazy lap fluctuations its not believable.

I have to get myself to a place i have with cycling. Treat it like sport entertainment like my love for NFL, NHL because today was an utter joke.

But I actually think the women 10000m showed that you could compete for medals clean. Yes, Ayana could be doped to the gills as well as second and third place. I do not
think they are clean.

However Ayana smoked the field in such a dominant manner, that a clean Ayana would still compete for medals. So a runner with her talent could be on pan y aqua and still be competitive. I wouldn't have thought that to be possible.

About Gatlin. One strong point to ban hardcore dopers for their lifetime is the following:
Gatlin still benefits from his drug abuse, even when he is clean now. So it's an unfair advantage.

You are joking, she smoked the field because she doesn't just dope a little bit, she is a chemical on legs, no one can know what she could do as a clean athlete as we don't know what level all the little concoctions of legal but dodgy plus the full on illegal drugs can improve an athlete. It makes me sad watching these races.
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back to the racing the men's marathon should be wrapped up. NO coverage yet in Canada. Can you guys point me to the results?
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK got them off Eurosport. Looks like a full on tactical race based on times:

1Geoffrey Kirui2:08:27
2Tamirat Tola2:09:49
3Alphonce Simbu2:09:51
4Callum Hawkins2:10:17
5Gideon Kipkemoi Kipketer2:10:56
6Daniele Meucci2:10:56
7Yohanes Ghebregergis2:12:07
8Daniel Wanjiru2:12:16
9Yuki Kawauchi2:12:19
10Kentaro Nakamoto2:12:41
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Aug 6, 17 5:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great run by Callum Hawkins for 4th, equalling the best ever marathon placing by a British male athlete.
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [chrisb12] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chrisb12 wrote:
ToBeasy wrote:
rhys wrote:

think they are clean.

You are joking, she smoked the field because she doesn't just dope a little bit, she is a chemical on legs, no one can know what she could do as a clean athlete as we don't know what level all the little concoctions of legal but dodgy plus the full on illegal drugs can improve an athlete. It makes me sad watching these races.

People I have spoken to today found the whole Ayana thing bizarre. Why would you even do that? Its just blatant cheating - if you sprint the last 100m like Mo does it at least looks plausible. What she did was nothing short of signing a confession of doping. Absolutely ridiculous. Add in the whole coach arrest, articles on availability of drugs, and history of her training group and you wonder how athletes like that are allowed to turn up and run.

The Gatlin thing was a bit hard to watch. I felt humbled that Bolt went straight up to him and congratulated him - and it looked sincere when he did it as well. Gatlin should have been banned for life for his second offence. If I was Bolt (assuming he is clean) I would feel cheated. There is no doubt that Gatlin will be benefitting from drug taking in his past. Frankly I could not even watch that as a spectacle or for entertainment. It was just plain sickening.

I am afraid athletics is well and truly in the gutter. Without any real body who have motivation to catch and ban cheating athletes its not going to change. World athletics needs an independent body who can test, catch and ban athletes without the need of all the red tape. They need powers to turn up to training sessions and test the worlds best. Without it athletics is little more than entertainment, and the events of last night were not even that.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [earthling] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
earthling wrote:
chrisb12 wrote:
ToBeasy wrote:
rhys wrote:

think they are clean.

People I have spoken to today found the whole Ayana thing bizarre. Why would you even do that? Its just blatant cheating - if you sprint the last 100m like Mo does it at least looks plausible. What she did was nothing short of signing a confession of doping. Absolutely ridiculous. Add in the whole coach arrest, articles on availability of drugs, and history of her training group and you wonder how athletes like that are allowed to turn up and run.

The Gatlin thing was a bit hard to watch. I felt humbled that Bolt went straight up to him and congratulated him - and it looked sincere when he did it as well. Gatlin should have been banned for life for his second offence. If I was Bolt (assuming he is clean) I would feel cheated. There is no doubt that Gatlin will be benefitting from drug taking in his past. Frankly I could not even watch that as a spectacle or for entertainment. It was just plain sickening.

I am afraid athletics is well and truly in the gutter. Without any real body who have motivation to catch and ban cheating athletes its not going to change. World athletics needs an independent body who can test, catch and ban athletes without the need of all the red tape. They need powers to turn up to training sessions and test the worlds best. Without it athletics is little more than entertainment, and the events of last night were not even that.

Bizarre.

First they have a medal ceremony to award medals to athletes who have been cheated out of placings by druggies. That must have been from events years past, then the winner has found to have been drugged up and DQ'd. So then they have a new medal ceremony to award the rightful winner.

Straight after that we have Justin Gatlin 2 time drug cheat given the gold medal for winning the 100m.

What sort of message does that send out?? Honestly IAAF what kind of an organisation are you? Are you for sport or just for making money?

Truly bizarre.

He who understands the WHY, will understand the HOW.
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
zedzded wrote:

I'm glad he was booed.

The booing sent an unmistakable lesson to kids -- your rep gets questioned forever if you dope, no coming back. That's a good lesson.

still I'd have been happier if it was dead silence. Booing belongs at a WWF match, not a world championship.

Yeah the booing was, perhaps, a bit tacky, complete silence would have been brilliant!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back to the racing....did any of you watch the men's marathon and what we're your thoughts.

And the women's 100m, what happened to Thompson and nice dive at the line by Bowie....Bolt should have done that!!! Awesome 10.85 by Bowie.

Van Niekirk on deck next!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like Jamaica got its first sprint gold medal with the men's 110m hurdles. Omar McCleod's 13.04 with a 0.123 reaction time....Bolt needed to practice starts with that guy!

American women starting to pour it on in the 400m semis....couple of 50.xx including Alison Felix:

https://www.iaaf.org/...summary#resultheader

200m heats, Simbine and Blake (former doper so everyone get this out of your skin before the finals LOL) probably hoping for better than the 100m....Van Niekerk looking good too (and many more):

https://www.iaaf.org/.../result#resultheader
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jenny Motherfucking Simpson. drop the mic
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bolt has passed every drug test thrown at him in the last 10 years. It would be naive to state, categorically, he's therefore clean, but he has to be given the benefit of the doubt irrespective of how dirty the world of sprinting is.[/quote]
did you have the same view of Lance ? or did he get your benefit of the doubt since never failing a test ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Enjoyed that women's 1500, had money on Casta at 2/1 That was some finish by her.
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
Enjoyed that women's 1500, had money on Casta at 2/1 That was some finish by her.

My wife turned to me after the finish and said "Caster just got chicked by two girls" . I think if Caster had timed it better she could have won.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: Aug 7, 17 16:03
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [adablduya1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
adablduya1 wrote:
Bolt has passed every drug test thrown at him in the last 10 years. It would be naive to state, categorically, he's therefore clean, but he has to be given the benefit of the doubt irrespective of how dirty the world of sprinting is.

did you have the same view of Lance ? or did he get your benefit of the doubt since never failing a test ?

Lance Armstrong failed 6 tests.
Last edited by: zedzded: Aug 7, 17 18:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
zedzded wrote:
adablduya1 wrote:
Bolt has passed every drug test thrown at him in the last 10 years. It would be naive to state, categorically, he's therefore clean, but he has to be given the benefit of the doubt irrespective of how dirty the world of sprinting is.

Lance Armstrong failed 6 tests.[/quote]
When he was still dominating cycling ?
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:

Just looking at the splits and waiting for the replay on youtube (or somewhere if someone can post a link) but Muir from Great Britain appears to have done too much work pulling people along leading at 400m and 800m....keep in mind that 1500m in 4 minutes is 22.5 kph. That's a good enough speed where drafting the full frontal of a runner (vs aero position of a cyclist) is substantial. Looks like a really close race with the top 4 finishing in 0.4 seconds
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sto wrote:
Jenny Motherfucking Simpson. drop the mic

one of the worst sports around. she fist pumped when she though genezebe had failed to qualify.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Jackets wrote:

Just looking at the splits and waiting for the replay on youtube (or somewhere if someone can post a link) but Muir from Great Britain appears to have done too much work pulling people along leading at 400m and 800m....keep in mind that 1500m in 4 minutes is 22.5 kph. That's a good enough speed where drafting the full frontal of a runner (vs aero position of a cyclist) is substantial. Looks like a really close race with the top 4 finishing in 0.4 seconds

She was unlucky to just miss out, her and Casta could have been looking at a bronze and silver with different tactics maybe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Lance Armstrong failed 6 tests

In the years Lance dominated cycling, right up to the day he first retired, his main defense, and that of every single one of his supporters was that he never failed a drug test. If you look at every interview of his since he first came under suspicion it is the same refrain he repeated for years. If you look at old posts here, it is the same thing.

No one, and I mean no one ever brought up the fact that he failed 6 drug tests and it is the first time I have ever heard it, and I followed him closely.
Quote Reply
Re: IAAF Track Works: Bolt-Gatlin-Farah-Thompson-Felix-Van Niekerk [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Lance Armstrong failed 6 tests

In the years Lance dominated cycling, right up to the day he first retired, his main defense, and that of every single one of his supporters was that he never failed a drug test. If you look at every interview of his since he first came under suspicion it is the same refrain he repeated for years. If you look at old posts here, it is the same thing.

No one, and I mean no one ever brought up the fact that he failed 6 drug tests and it is the first time I have ever heard it, and I followed him closely.

He tested positive numerous times, but avoided sanction by using retrospective medical exemptions along with intimidation, bribes etc He also had help covering up positive tests from the governing body itself.

Anyway please lets not talk about LA, the guy bores me.

Re Bolt and doping, there was no motivation for him to dope. He was running 20.5 when he was 15, quicker than Gatlin's college times and won the Junior WC 200m when he was that age, 3 years younger than 2nd and 3rd place. I suppose you could then imply that he was doping from the age of 13 or whatever, but that's just getting ridiculous.
Quote Reply

Prev Next