Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I'm getting annoying pop-ups
Quote | Reply
Google Chrome, iMac desktop, AT&T advertisements.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: I'm getting annoying pop-ups [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same AT&T browser takeover using Safari on a Mac mini.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm getting annoying pop-ups [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the website that comes up is lucky something or other... not the AT&T direct one.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, same for me. Lucky something or another about winning an AT&T iPhone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting the same here on PC using Chrome.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same - redirects, Chrome/Win10

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: I'm getting annoying pop-ups [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not getting them "knock on wood" Edge / Win10pro

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
happy.luckyparkclub.com

Mozilla Firefox, Windows 7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you can give me any more info. the place the pop up sends you (if you're sent somewhere). any identifiable info. i'll get rid of it (one way or the other).

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: I'm getting annoying pop-ups [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it hasn't happened in about 20min but if it happens again I'll copy it down or screenshot. The poster above me got most of the URL in his post.

Eric

Slowman wrote:
if you can give me any more info. the place the pop up sends you (if you're sent somewhere). any identifiable info. i'll get rid of it (one way or the other).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:

I just sent you an email with a screenshot of the popup. I've received it twice this morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
win10 chrome

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: I'm getting annoying pop-ups [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
Yep, same for me. Lucky something or another about winning an AT&T iPhone.

I won an iPhone too! omg so excited. All I had to do was pay $19.95 shipping and handling.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Google Chrome, Windows 10

Quote Reply
Re: I'm getting annoying pop-ups [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this should be gone now.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do we still get the iPhone?

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
this should be gone now.

Hopefully. There was a 3 minute delay from the screenshot to my post. Nothing coming up now and it was immediate before.

Thank you.
Last edited by: dangle: Nov 7, 19 7:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the popup again... same AT&T add on the same lucky URL

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

were you on the reader forum? or somewhere else? i *think* i have the offending culprit off the forum. but there might be a zone i missed. if you go this on some smaller part of slowtwitch (maybe the "bike fit" section of slowtwitch) you might find it there. i'm hoping to have this bad actor excised from our ads pretty quickly. but obvious it's not excised yet.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

were you on the reader forum? or somewhere else? i *think* i have the offending culprit off the forum. but there might be a zone i missed. if you go this on some smaller part of slowtwitch (maybe the "bike fit" section of slowtwitch) you might find it there. i'm hoping to have this bad actor excised from our ads pretty quickly. but obvious it's not excised yet.

I was on the reader forum.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

i'm still looking around, but i found an instance in the LR where there was a zone still delivering janky ads. could it have been over there?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:
Slowman wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

i'm still looking around, but i found an instance in the LR where there was a zone still delivering janky ads. could it have been over there?
I got the "lucky" pop-up in the LR about 20-30 minutes ago, but I haven't had any problems with it popping up since then.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sadly, yes

;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was happening here and on cyclingnews for me as well. Clear history seems to stop it for me when it happens. Hope that helps.

I miss you "Sports Night"
Quote Reply
Re: I'm getting annoying pop-ups [Quo Vadimus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The issue is most likely you have your DNS set to use your internet provider's default DNS names. They use that information to provide you "enriched" advertisement. Try selected a different DNS such as 1.1.1.1 or OpenDNS.

Jimmy S.
Quote Reply

Prev Next