Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym?
Quote | Reply
I've come to terms with it and I accept it. I used to be short shorts guy, but times are a changing. What would you call yourself at your gym?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [SneakySpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [SneakySpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm invisible guy. I never go.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im normal....

i might be spandex guy soon..but my friends have warned me that they will not stop making fun of me for wearing it..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm grumpy man. I just want to do my thing and get out. I'm not a big talker. (at the gym at least...)

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you're wearing spandex on the spin bike... why in god's name would you do that on the treadmill?

Of course, I say this as short shorts guy (running shorts prevent chafing!), so I don't really have any credibility on that front.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm "That super tall chick" everywhere I go in life.

Since I only swim at the gym, it really depends which one of the two gyms I have nearby that I go to. At one, I'm "That really fast woman that does triathlons" (everyone else is 60+ at the times I swim there, so I seem fast in comparison.)

At the other gym, I'm apparently the woman that guys like to chat-up. I have more guys talking to me at that pool than anywhere else. Even the fast swimmers will ask me about my upcoming races/whatever.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [LoDewey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my neighborhood Im that guy who runs all the time. Even when its raining! Sometimes with socks up to his knees!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm George Costanza.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm the short good runner guy...even though compared to my competition my run is not that good.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Master's Swim Coach and Triathlete coach/clinic presenter.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm George Costanza.

You pee in the shower?!?! Nasty ...

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm the guy that runs outside through much of the winter, sweats too much, and wears speedos in the pool. Oh, and I don't talk to to many people.

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"sleeves"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That amazingly fit and attractive guy. Oh you said gym not dreams.

That guy who drips sweat. I prefer to think of myself as well hydrated.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm grumpy man. I just want to do my thing and get out. I'm not a big talker. (at the gym at least...)

This. Exactly.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm the: let-me-please-have-a-third-of-a-lane-so-I-can-get-my-laps-in-guy. Also, I'm the: I-don't-use-the-Nautilus-machines-in-a-circuit-guy-cause-I'm-trying-to-balance-my-quads-hams-hips-glutes.

It's simple, but it isn't easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm know as the dickhead runner dude by the personal trainers. I'm not sure why. It could be b/c I typically correct them in front of their clients when I hear them laying down BS training advice.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Chris

Yup that's me...are you Chris too?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I hope you're wearing spandex on the spin bike... why in god's name would you do that on the treadmill?
I like to brick it up sometimes, so I run a couple miles on the treadmill after spin class. I don't usually change...

Anyhow, at my gym I'm known as that-guy-who-ripped-his-shorts-while-squatting-that-one-time

seriously, almost completely in half. at least a hundred people saw it happen. one of the worst moments of my adult life. people were actually pointing and laughing. I had about 325# on the bar and was approaching the bottom of the lift when my shorts (canvas) failed and the sudden shift in glute tension caused me to lose my balance a little. I was squatting in a cage (safety first!) so I decided to bail and shrugged the bar off onto the catchers.

well, with that much weight, it made a horrific noise when it hit, so loud, in fact, that all the middle aged ladies in the yoga room heard it and came running out to see what the ruckus was. more pointing and laughing. at that point my ears are glowing like a furnace and I'm trying desperately to think of a way to salvage what little dignity I might have.

a trainer comes up and asks me if I'm hurt, and I have the presence of mind to tell him that it's only my dignity that was injured. I start racking the plates and he gives me a hand, and it occurs to me to mention:

me: "well, at least a set a PR today... over a hundred."

trainer: "a hundred? you've got four wheels and change on here, that's over THREE hundred."

me: "I meant people to have seen my ass in a public place at the same time..."

if only I had worn underwear that day

--
"It's too bad stupidity isn't painful."
-Anton LaVey
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [Logan D Dog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm the guy that runs outside through much of the winter, sweats too much, and wears speedos in the pool. Oh, and I don't talk to to many people.

I'm your twin!
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
I'm George Costanza.

You pee in the shower?!?! Nasty ...

I find that pink font nullifies any and all humor .... but that's the interpretation I was going for. I'm not the free-streaming type, but I'm sure that George's rationale more than justifies my use of flip flops.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm the old guy that likes to remember how sexy those aerobics gals looked back in the 1980's but doesn't go to the gym any more since I've got all the exercise gear in my basement that I'll ever need.
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [LoDewey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm "That super tall chick" everywhere I go in life.

Since I only swim at the gym, it really depends which one of the two gyms I have nearby that I go to. At one, I'm "That really fast woman that does triathlons" (everyone else is 60+ at the times I swim there, so I seem fast in comparison.)

At the other gym, I'm apparently the woman that guys like to chat-up. I have more guys talking to me at that pool than anywhere else. Even the fast swimmers will ask me about my upcoming races/whatever.

That's the curse of beautiful women everywhere. It's hard to get in a workout because all the men want to be in your presence. ;)

At my gym, I'm either the 'camo guy' (always wear camo pants lifting)...or the guy that lives there and many people think I'm either a personal trainer there, or an employee. (roughly 3-3.5 hrs per day in 2 workouts).

I'm only spandex man when I run after spin class---but I can pull it off!
Quote Reply
Re: I'm Spandex Guy at My Gym! Who are you at your gym? [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm know as the dickhead runner dude by the personal trainers. I'm not sure why. It could be b/c I typically correct them in front of their clients when I hear them laying down BS training advice.

Pretty weak...I work in the health club industry and if saw anyone doing that to my trainers they'd be finding a new club real quick.
Quote Reply

Prev Next