Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hydraulic Brake Hose Won’t Pull Out Of Bike
Quote | Reply
Changing from SRAM Force to GRX Di2 on my spesh Diverge. No issue installing new brake on front but the rear is being an a-hole. I can’t remove the old brake line. It won’t just pull out. Now it’s completely stuck. I can’t push forward and I can’t pull it out. I removed the panel under the BB but can’t get to anything.

Any ideas what to do?

Quote | Reply
The only way that could happen is if you did not cut off the olive and barb....

You could try threading a gear cable through it and then use the cable to guide it back out so you can then cut the olive off and remove it.

Edit, nup, cannot do that, gear cable will not fit through barb, you created yourself a right mess didn't you...
Last edited by: lyrrad: Jul 11, 20 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: Hydraulic Brake Hose Won’t Pull Out Of Bike [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You could try using fishing line or a thin wire that you could run inside the hose as suggested by lyrrad.

Alternatively you could just cut the last bit that doesn't come out and learn to live with the rattle that the loose piece with the olive might cause.

A last idea that comes to mind, is using a spring puller if the hose comes close enough to the entry point. You can use it to guide it to the entry point. A torch might be helpful to find the hose, but point it through the bottom bracket or the seat mast after taking the seat out.
Quote Reply