Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How would you train for TT, RR, and long enduro climb together?
Quote | Reply
I'll try to keep it short. I'm a new racer. I'm doing a variety of things this year. I've gained a lot of fitness doing road race plans (power intervals, under/overs, hammer rides). I'm up to a 4.0 now, but don't feel it would translate over well to doing great in the TT's or the climbing challenge.

The TT's are 10mi once a month. I'd like to podium one. A decent position and managing a good 23min suffering will be really close for the 4/5 guys.

I'm guessing I should just try to finish alive in the RR's this year. If I get lucky/play smart maybe I'll be able to surprise someone with an uphill finish or something.

The climbing challenge is the AOMM, 103mi and 10k ft. I could "finish" it tomorrow probably, assuming I didn't drink too much the night before. Really though, I'd like to manage a good time. Probably around 2hrs up the last climb.

My increasing hours/miles/elevation each week in April will take some time each week. There goes my long ride for the week each week. So, at that point I'm pretty much down to two more solid workouts.

I could do some power intervals one day, some 2x20min another, and then the 3rd day taper up my elevation and distance to the event length. Around Raleigh, 10k in 100mi isn't possible. I tried in Strava with routes, short of doing hill repeats on Lassiter Mill hill. That's too boring.

What would you do? "In season" including the weekly long ride, I've got about 8 hours to play with. I've done the Carmichael road race stuff till now (time crunched version), and seen mammoth growth (over 1.0w/kg in a year).
Quote Reply