Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed..
Quote | Reply
Ummm. I can't be the first one to ever do this, surely.

What's the protocol here?
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

behave like adults?
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [RCCo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Guess what honey?!?! I got sponsored!!!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance you won it in a drawing?
( I actually have won a bike)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RCCo wrote:
Ummm. I can't be the first one to ever do this, surely.

What's the protocol here?

You should've cleared it with her first. Now your only option is to get her bling of equal or greater value before you get home.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh, and for future reference; you can generally have shipments held at the local center and pick it up there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe the airport protocol is "exercise equipment", and to stick to that story no matter what.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If only there was some way you could have foreseen and mitigated the possibility of this happening!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Have it held for pick up.

2) Tell beforehand next time.

2a) Start talking about a new bike a year before you plan to actually get a new bike so she finally just agrees to it just to get you to shut up. Also effective strategy for bigger TV, new car, etc.

3) Explain that the correct number of bikes is always n+1.
Last edited by: blueapplepaste: Apr 5, 18 8:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just say 'I am fairly certain I told you about this.'
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
You should've cleared it with her first. Now your only option is to get her bling of equal or greater value before you get home.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Buy some plane tickets to a nice place for a weekend and a two night stay. That should be a lot less than what a new bike cost anyway, although I guess it depends on first class or not and hotel.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ship to the office...

Cheers,
Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You book a nice vacation or let her adopt that dog she keeps passively dropping hints about...not that I would know...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Surprise Honey!!! I got you a bike...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How deep do you want to dig your own grave?
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [toastygloveman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [SPBaldwin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SPBaldwin wrote:
Ship to the office...

This is the correct answer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A-A-Ron wrote:
SPBaldwin wrote:
Ship to the office...

My husband does this with Lego. I still notice when new stuff shows up. At this point we have an unstated "don't ask, don't tell" policy.
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [blueapplepaste] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
blueapplepaste wrote:
) Start talking about a new bike a year before you plan to actually get a new bike so she finally just agrees to it just to get you to shut up. Also effective strategy for bigger TV, new car, etc.

I think that's my dad's strategy for golf clubs....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
A-A-Ron wrote:
SPBaldwin wrote:
Ship to the office...

My husband does this with Lego. I still notice when new stuff shows up. At this point we have an unstated "don't ask, don't tell" policy.

I do it with shoes. I have a few stashed at my office, that way I can buy them when on a good sale but I can introduce them to the wife on a better schedule. Too many in a short periods tends to turn up the heat to uncomfortable levels.
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [JMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Yeah, you said it was ok. I remember it because you were drinking that wine you like, and I thought I should get you a bottle as a thank you for being so supportive"
Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elf6c wrote:
"Yeah, you said it was ok. I remember it because you were drinking that wine you like, and I thought I should get you a bottle as a thank you for being so supportive"

"and by the way, I got us tickets for 2 weeks to <insert destination here> and I thought it would be really nice to take your parents along, besides spending time with you there's nothing I enjoy more than spending time with my in-laws".

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: How to play it when a bike-sized box turns up at home while you're out at work and the wife is not impressed.. [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
A-A-Ron wrote:
SPBaldwin wrote:
Ship to the office...

Funny.

OP, can you wear a body camera (GoPro or something) and post the wrath of the N+1 sin you committed?

Good luck though. Last few large cycling related purchases (bikes, smart trainer, power meters) I cleared it with the wife first (in some cases I really didn't have to or need to but I did so as a courtesy to her).
Quote Reply

Prev Next