Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One?
Quote | Reply
Anyone mount a water bottle BTA but above the arms

So maybe a ATA

Need it raised up approx 3”

Doesn’t fit between my arms
Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 23, 22 16:04
Quote Reply
Re: How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used some of the longer screws and spacers from my Omega One brake kits, but it was only like an inch or so. I also need a bit more since I can't move my pads any closer.

May just go to the hardware store and see what screws and washers they have to make it work.
Quote Reply
Re: How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One? [MrTri123] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One? [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:

Very clean look

How did you do that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aluminum rod and long M5 (not M6 as stated before) hex bolts. We have a local fastener store that carries everything here in San Diego. https://www.marshallshardware.com/[/url]

Cut rod to length with bolt long enough to get my arms under the sides of the bottle. Which worked nicely. However - Not using this configuration and bars anymore because I could not get my head down low enough.
Last edited by: scca_ita: Nov 24, 22 15:48
Quote Reply
Re: How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One? [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you!

By any chance do you remember the diameter of the aluminum tube?

I see Lowes has some 6” long
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A

A few riders are now mounting their bottles like this - down by their elbows.
Quote Reply
Re: How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One? [Hanginon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see that now

I think that would work better

How would you mount it like that on tririg alpha ones?
Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 24, 22 5:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Another rider - I haven't actually mounted a bottle like that. They are probably custom or DIY mounts. Interesting that both bottles have been mounted backwards
Last edited by: Hanginon: Nov 24, 22 5:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you could accomplish moving the cage back by buying some 1/2 alum stock from HD - cut and drill a few holes. it bends too to conform to any tilt you are using in the bars. I did this with some left over carbon fiber but it flexes too much.
Quote Reply
Re: How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One? [Hanginon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hanginon wrote:

Another rider - I haven't actually mounted a bottle like that. They are probably custom or DIY mounts. Interesting that both bottles have been mounted backwards

I have. It’s not ideal. My experience was bottle didn’t feel as stable and unless you get perfect seal on bottle nozzle each time you close (which rarely happens in a race) you get some drip on bike-if you use water, not a big deal. I also found it a little harder to pull out toward me than away from me.

OP-have you though about xlab aero optimizer? it allows the bottle set up to come back toward you maybe 2” and thus gives you more space out front near extensions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:
you could accomplish moving the cage back by buying some 1/2 alum stock from HD - cut and drill a few holes. it bends too to conform to any tilt you are using in the bars. I did this with some left over carbon fiber but it flexes too much.

Thank you for the idea

I am trying to see how this would work

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you

I’m looking at it online now

I don’t think 2” would be enough
Quote Reply
Re: How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did just that on the Alpha X. The proper size of bolts on any Tririg BTA mount is M5. I used 100mm bolts (amazon). I did not have to use anything to offset the cage backwards as the Alpha BTA mount that fits the Alpha X can be flipped backwards. Looking at the Alpha One you do not get that kind of back reach (if you want to do "behind" the arms instead of above), but you can get a bottle "hole adjuster" on aliexpress for 5 bucks to offset the bottle some, but it's probably just 1.5 inch. Your best bet would be to make yourself one to your required length using aluminium stock and just drilling/tapping.
Quote Reply
Re: How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One? [Runorama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have this to move mine further back.

Wolf Tooth B-Rad Mounting Bracket
Last edited by: cielo: Nov 24, 22 16:50
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I have a XLab Gorilla Cage mounted on a Wolftooh B-Rad which is than mounted with 3D printed spacer into the Trig Dragonfly.

This allows me to mount my bottles facing forward with enough clearance to my computer to take out and put back my bottles.

If you need the 3D printer file for the spacer, let me know, I can pass it over.
Last edited by: Cloudberrie: Nov 25, 22 6:11
Quote Reply
Re: How to mount BTA above the arms on tririg Alpha One? [Cloudberrie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cloudberrie wrote:

I have a XLab Gorilla Cage mounted on a Wolftooh B-Rad which is than mounted with 3D printed spacer into the Trig Dragonfly.

This allows me to mount my bottles facing forward with enough clearance to my computer to take out and put back my bottles.

If you need the 3D printer file for the spacer, let me know, I can pass it over.

Great setup. So smart!

Very kind of you for the offer

Unfortunately my arms are so close together the bottle doesn’t fit even with the bottle positioned that far back

Last edited by: MrTri123: Nov 25, 22 7:27
Quote Reply