Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How to keep sweat out of your eyes wearing helmet
Quote | Reply
Would love to hear what you guys use to keep sweat from pouring into glasses and shields on the bike... Ive used Headsweats but it gets soaked quickly.
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep sweat out of your eyes wearing helmet [pvrider310] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep sweat out of your eyes wearing helmet [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Halo bands worked better for me than the SweatGutter for some reason. In hot weather it’s a steady drip drip drip of sweat rolling down the front of my ears.

But what has worked best for me was a move to N. Europe! Haha

CC
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep sweat out of your eyes wearing helmet [pvrider310] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wear a Compressport headband underneath my helmet and it works great for me.....you can find them on sale sometimes for 7 euros ....

"see the world as it is not as you want it to be"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the halo... I have very little hair and the minimal venting in the aero helmet makes things worse. The halo worked for me during the ride on my last half just a couple weeks ago. Temp was upper 70s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halo for me too. When it gets soaked through the sweat runs out the sides by your temples.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halo and Gutr work fine for me on my road bike, but are completely worthless on the tri bike. Constant sweat rolling onto sunglasses.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For long rides, I’ll bring two halo bands. But really I just have to spray water on my eyes occasionally.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Halo for me too. Tried the Sweatgutr and went straight back to my Halo bands.
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep sweat out of your eyes wearing helmet [STJ_2028] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree. On Tri bike and especially in aero position ... tilting head up pushes the forehead straight into the front of helmet and it’s pouring sweat time..with Halo or not. Halo gets saturated with sweat as well so it’s like squeezing a sponge! I don’t know how athletes ride with a shield on their helmets..sweat must be all over the inside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
riding in texas; heavy sweater. either a half buff, scrunched up on my forehead, or a halo. the buff cant be "wrung out" effectively, but the halo can. halo sells a wider band also, that looks like it would work; I think its in a usa motif.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a heavy sweater in Phoenix, AZ. It's usually 90 degrees when we start our long rides at 4am this time of year. I can get away with the Halo headband on my road bike. The Halo skull cap is great for the TT bike. For race day I wear a thin skull cap under the aero helmet and it helps a lot.
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep sweat out of your eyes wearing helmet [Testrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Testrider wrote:
https://www.sweatgutr.com

I definitely second the SweatGutr! The only caveat is that, like any gutter, the drain needs to be the lowest point, otherwise it spills over and runs into your eyes. Get one. It's perfect for running too!

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use these - cheap, absorb sweat, and keep the bugs out of my hair.
https://www.eastbay.com/...mp;crumbs=759%201197
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I used a halo or over a year with pretty good success, but a few significant failures where I ended up with burning eyes and could not see you. I tried to halos, offset to each side so the little yellow band went well past the corner of my eyes, that worked pretty well. Then a friend recommended Sweat Hawg and those are awesome! Use my halo sweat bands in the spring and fall, but I use the Sweat Hawg in the summer. Highly recommended!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
smear a line of vaseline above your eyebrows and it will drip off from there
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While sunglasses get covered with sweat, I find the shield on my aero helmet does not. And, I carry a handkerchief in my bento box to wipe sweat out of my eyes when it gets to be too much. Even when the handkerchief is soaked in sweat after a long, hard ride, it still stops the stinging.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used a Veo strip at Dirty Kanza. It was pretty awesome. Literally not a single drop of sweat on the inside of my glasses over 11+ hrs.

Got a review coming (they say you can swim in it; I may actually do my second swim on the year to test...). Basically, I have found this super simple product to work exactly as advertised.

I have no affiliation with the company other than a friend from my rowing days being one of the two co-founders.

https://www.veostrip.com/

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep sweat out of your eyes wearing helmet [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How is this different from sweatgutr??? Also its an adhesive so single use! Guess you save it for long days or race only! Sweatgutr is like a reusable version no?
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep sweat out of your eyes wearing helmet [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great, more plastic for the landfill.
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep sweat out of your eyes wearing helmet [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Central NC - mid to high 90s and high humidity

For me the halo worked ok for short rides. But would eventually soak through.

What works for me is a giro peloton cycling cap turned backwards. As a bonus it is camo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using one of these for awhile. Has worked pretty well for me.
https://www.mission.com/...?variant=17819437893
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading this I tried the sweat gutr. Hate it. It worked ok, but by the end of the ride I felt like I had a mid evil torture device on my head. Very uncomfortable. I used the Halo bands in the past and that worked better until it saturated. I was hopeful the gutr would work since it sits below the helmet and doesn't screw up the fit of the helmet. All the other bands I've tried, some pretty thin, don't fit nicely under a helmet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pvrider310 wrote:
Would love to hear what you guys use to keep sweat from pouring into glasses and shields on the bike... Ive used Headsweats but it gets soaked quickly.

Botox. I swear my recent issues with sweat dripping is due to getting older and wrinkles in my forehead and around my eyes that easily direct sweat into them. I never had this problem in my 20's and 30's.
Quote Reply
Re: How to keep sweat out of your eyes wearing helmet [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it depends on a helmet. I can recommend Rudy Project Boost 01 triathlon helmet. I read some review about it on trigearlab. I know that it's hard to find the perfect one considering that it's not very cheap equipment. But this one provides both solid drag reduction and ventilation.
Last edited by: Muntic0re: Jul 24, 18 7:38
Quote Reply

Prev Next