Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to center a Magura RT6 TT break?
Quote | Reply
Hi!

How can i center a Magura RT6 TT break?
The screw on the break lever only changes the pressure point (it changes the distance to the rim for both break arms).

thx
kerthi
Last edited by: kerthi: Jan 26, 14 6:27
Quote Reply
Re: How to center a Magura RT6 TT break? [kerthi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kerthi wrote:
Hi!

How can i center a Magura RT6 TT break?
The screw on the break lever only changes the pressure point (it changes the distance to the rim for both break arms).

thx
kerthi

the easiest way would be to grab the brake and center it using a hand-motion that rotates in a circular direction corresponding to the direction towards which you wish to move the brake.
Quote Reply
Re: How to center a Magura RT6 TT break? [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm... But that doesnt really center it.

I mean whe i brea and release the lever it rubs at one side of the rim again.

A regular road break has screws on the break caliper to center it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If by pulling it back to center it should center the brake, if it keeps moving back to the rim it's because the brake isn't tightened down adequately and will not stay centered no matter how many times you try and do it. Is this a rear brake on a P3?
Quote Reply
Re: How to center a Magura RT6 TT break? [Ftfrst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ftfrst wrote:
If by pulling it back to center it should center the brake, if it keeps moving back to the rim it's because the brake isn't tightened down adequately and will not stay centered no matter how many times you try and do it. Is this a rear brake on a P3?

Jep, P3 rear break.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah just make sure that the brake itself is adequately secured to the mounting bracket. I work at a Cervelo Shop and we've had a couple that come a little loose on the mounting bracket. A bit of a pain to take off but needed to get the brake adjusted.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this a serious question?

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: How to center a Magura RT6 TT break? [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Theres a mounting plate and two bolts. Seems fairly obvious that its a manipulation of those two bolts and plate.

So yes. My question was serious.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: How to center a Magura RT6 TT break? [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
Theres a mounting plate and two bolts. Seems fairly obvious that its a manipulation of those two bolts and plate.

So yes. My question was serious.

Don't be so mean!
You're just jealous you don't have a new P3!

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: How to center a Magura RT6 TT break? [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're right. I'm stuck with a P5.

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would check to see if there is a serrated washer or flat washer installed between the P3 brake plate and the Magura caliper. It should be a flat washer and you can simply twist the Magura caliper to be even on the rim. The serrated washer will not allow you to twist the Magura caliper straight. You may have to remove the P3 brake plate to reinstall a flat washer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi kerthi,

The Magura RT brakes mount to the frame in the same way a typical brake does: with one nut at the back. The two bolts you see at the front of the brake are the pivots for the arm and have no effect on centering.

Based on your description of the brake coming off center after adjusting, it's possible the mounting nut isn't tight enough. Remove the P3 brake plate, tighten the RT mounting nut (5mm allen key), then re-install the P3 brake plate and center the brake.

Hope this helps,

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply
Re: How to center a Magura RT6 TT break? [damon_rinard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon_rinard wrote:
Hi kerthi,

The Magura RT brakes mount to the frame in the same way a typical brake does: with one nut at the back. The two bolts you see at the front of the brake are the pivots for the arm and have no effect on centering.

Based on your description of the brake coming off center after adjusting, it's possible the mounting nut isn't tight enough. Remove the P3 brake plate, tighten the RT mounting nut (5mm allen key), then re-install the P3 brake plate and center the brake.

Hope this helps,

Awesome, that did the trick!

Thx
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good to hear it!

Damon Rinard
Engineering Manager,
CSG Road Engineering Department
Cannondale & GT Bicycles
(ex-Cervelo, ex-Trek, ex-Velomax, ex-Kestrel)
Quote Reply