Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to Stream Olympics in the USA
Quote | Reply
I've missed the men's road race so I've started digging the interwebs now before I miss the Dutch women dominate tonight. I'm looking for suggestions on options for streaming in USA that I may have missed. My targets are road races, TTs, Mtb, and all 3 triathlons
  • Peacock - Show live only the events that they choose to feature, and when they replay it's not available any time - men's road race is at 3am PDT for example. Mixed Team Relay is not listed for replay. This doesn't satisfy me as I hoped.
  • GCN+ - no Olympics shown in USA
  • FuboTV - $64/mo for the cheapest program. Can watch live. Can record. CANNOT view an event that has already taken place if you didn't record. Also, I'm not sure that I can watch first 30min of a race and then record and come back the next morning???
  • NBCOlympics.com (which is where you're guided to from NBCsports.com) can only be viewed if one has a current cable subscription (I don't have one of those) - every time I go here I get a different set of click through pages, sometimes I get a temporary view of a replay but then it ends rather quickly.
  • YouTubeTV - glimpsed the free trial - not sure how long that lasts or what it costs afterword. I don't see any replays there.
  • VPN - I'm a bit of a luddite, not sure what at VPN is, what I have to give up to use it, if I'll end up in some dark web chat rooms.
  • Others???

Any advice from our ST community will be appreciated.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: How to Stream Olympics in the USA [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sling (https://www.sling.com/) might be the best cheap option since they're doing the first month for $10. You have to DVR (not on demand) the parts you want, but it includes 50 hours of recording which is probably enough for all those events.

Another non-streaming option is to get an antenna for your TV if the events are on NBC during an hour you would watch them live. There are some over the air hardware DVRs, but they're $100 minimum so possibly worthwhile over time but not the cheapest option for only this Olympics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great breakdown. Following.

What time do the Dutch women start to dominate? (race start, not when they actually break away, though we could take bets there too)

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: How to Stream Olympics in the USA [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Great breakdown. Following.

What time do the Dutch women start to dominate? (race start, not when they actually break away, though we could take bets there too)

Race start is 9pm pacific tonight, I don't think it'll get interesting 'til 11pm or later so my process is this: throw $64 at Fubo to renew my on-again-off-again relationship with them. Hit record. Sleep well. Get up early Sunday morning for an ocean swim with Alexandra, avoid all social media, get home with a vegan breakfast burrito, too much hot sauce, and then watch Vander Bruggen, Van Vleuten, and Vos toy with with everyone else.

Here's a list of races those three have been winning since 2006ish: World Championships, Olympic Golds, Flanders, Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Fleche Wallonne, Amstel Gold, Strade Bianche, Omelette hiccup Newlybald, Giros, TdFs, Euro Road Champs, Cadel’s Great Ocean Rd Race, Gent-Wevelgem, and more.

The topo makes it look like the first 70k is uphill with a top out of Doushi (Douchey?) Road is 4.3k ave 6.7% and the top 1300m is 9+% so if it hasn't gone to pieces already it will by then.

Ian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m using Youtube TV and so far so good. It has a DVR function, and here’s the best part: you can select the specific Olympic sports you want recorded, and it’ll find the correct channel playing those sports. That way you aren’t having to figure out if your sport is on NBC, NBC Sports, the Olympic channel, etc., and what time it’s playing. It’s been working so far.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try cbc.ca.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
before I miss the Dutch women dominate tonight.

Oops, not so fast. Don't forget about the Austrian. ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for starting this thread. I signed up for Peacock only to find out it doesn't provide streaming of all events and only replays events at specific times, as you mention. Pretty much a waste.

I didn't know about FuboTV and saw they have a 7-day free trial. So I signed up for that and, so far, looks like problem solved (for me at least). I'll at least be able to stream all 3 triathlon events during the 7-day trial. So I'm replying to say thanks for the FuboTV tip!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I subscribed to Peacock to watch the Tour coverage, which was great, and also with the thought that I'd be able to watch Olympics too, but their Olympics coverage has been garbage so far. Hardly anything is shown live and even on replays it's only certain things shown at certain times.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NBC Olympic coverage is total garbage. They missed such a great opportunity with the Peacock platform and endless online streaming options. Even after subscribing to the $10/month Peacock app, I had to hook up my old school antenna to watch it at 7:30 each night.
Quote Reply