Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How to LS tri suit with Swim Skin
Quote | Reply
Looking to race a most likely non-wetsuit half this weekend (GR triathlon). I have a swim skin (Roka Viper) and long sleeved tri suit (Castelli PR). Is it still customary to have arms not in top portion of the tri suit for the swim?
Quote Reply
Re: How to LS tri suit with Swim Skin [chirider990] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I race with my top up/on. My suit material is tight enough and flixible enough, but it all depends on how comfortable you are swimming with the sleeves on.
Quote Reply
Re: How to LS tri suit with Swim Skin [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got around the issue by getting a swimskin that has short sleeves. The sleeves on my tri-suit tended to catch water, so it was either that, or roll it up beneath a sleeveless swimskin.
Quote Reply
Re: How to LS tri suit with Swim Skin [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am using a swimskin for the first time this weekend.

It is sleeveless. My tri suit has sleeves. Both are roka.

Is this a problem? Never considered this and really am still hoping it will be wetsuit legal, but those hopes are dwindling.
Quote Reply
Re: How to LS tri suit with Swim Skin [curdog16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unless your sleeve material is loose (drag) or it restricts your shoulders, you will be fine to wear both
Quote Reply
Re: How to LS tri suit with Swim Skin [chirider990] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ve done both. One suit I had was too tight around my shoulders but I could pull it up on the run to t1 so I always had it down. Another suit I had was too hard to put on when wet so wore it up. Was a but tight but didn’t actually impact my swimming at all.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply