Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How much fluid can Lucy need??
Quote | Reply
 https://www.triathlete.com/...cialized-shiv_384100[/url]

I count 5 bottle holders plus the 1.5l bladder..... surely not???
Quote Reply
Re: How much fluid can Lucy need?? [Stimps9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well she did drop a bottle going through an aid station last year. Maybe she is worried about it happening again and decided to go full ‘age grouper’ and carry everything she needs? (Maybe pink?)

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe she won't actually use the internal bladder and hose? I seem to recall a bunch of pros having a problem with the lid to the reservoir not staying shut.

Jon Ryder
RPM Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: How much fluid can Lucy need?? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Well she did drop a bottle going through an aid station last year. Maybe she is worried about it happening again and decided to go full ‘age grouper’ and carry everything she needs? (Maybe pink?)

Maybe she should have gotten the Carbon Crono CX bottle holders - looks like she is running the cheap (and less secure) FRP ones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If she is on the bike into a head wind for 3 hours out of 5 hours on the bike or more. One bottle an hours is not too much.

Likely she likes whats in her bottles more then on course nutrient too.

I think she knows..

Technique will always last longer then energy production. Improve biomechanics, improve performance.
http://Www.anthonytoth.ca, triathletetoth@twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting having the aero bottle on top tube and bento box on the downtube. Assuming that’s because nutrition in aero bottle needs more frequent access
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
so, she's with Specialized...why not Turbo Cottons? They're 3 watts faster, per BRR site

--------------------------------------------
TEAM F3 Undurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
10 extra pound on the bike in case she has issues with the wind. Keeps her grounded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What I also find interesting is the single ring up front. I’m wondering what size cassette (biggest AXS cassette is 10-33) and chainring she is using. Seems like it could be an issue if high winds (both head and tail) with pretty nominal gains

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: How much fluid can Lucy need?? [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2 on the tire selection!!! She should reach out to Cody Beals re bike setup. (Or here on ST of course).
Quote Reply
Re: How much fluid can Lucy need?? [thatzone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
let's just hope her helmet chin strap isn't flapping in the wind again or the ST site may melt down!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope her seat is lower than last year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:
X2 on the tire selection!!! She should reach out to Cody Beals re bike setup. (Or here on ST of course).

Those are the fancy new tubeless tires from Specialized, should be pretty close in rolling resistance to the Turbo Cottons.
Also, all the extra bottle cages are probably (hopefully) just for a training day
Last edited by: quadlt250: Oct 11, 19 17:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does Specialized not make a lower reservoir? It looks like the height is limiting her saddle adjustment and access to fill the bladder
Quote Reply
Re: How much fluid can Lucy need?? [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you supposed to refill those bladders during a race?

IG - @ryanppax
http://www.geluminati.com
Use code ST5 for $5 off your order
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thatzone wrote:

2015 called and wants its tire selection back. The Specialized claims the RapidAir rolls 13% faster than their prior generation Turbo. The TomA spreadsheet measured the prior gen. 26C Turbo TL @ 0.0032 normalized Crr. 13% faster is 0.00275 Crr. TomA measured the 26C Turbo Cotton @ 0.0028 (and that was at 100PSI on smooth rollers) .

We also know from several tests by Flo and TomA that the Turbo Cotton is a pretty horrendous drag chute aerodynamically.

Maybe Coby Beals and ST should reach out to the little lady for a little tech refresher on what's happened to tires since 2015.

Or if not her, then Alaphillipe who used this tire on the TdF ITT (which he won).
Last edited by: trail: Oct 11, 19 19:06
Quote Reply
Re: How much fluid can Lucy need?? [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
10 extra pound on the bike in case she has issues with the wind. Keeps her grounded.

but... I thought 'aero and light is right'? :P

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: How much fluid can Lucy need?? [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clearly not in her case and I would guess that she does not run that set up on race day.
Quote Reply
Re: How much fluid can Lucy need?? [Ryanppax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryanppax wrote:
Are you supposed to refill those bladders during a race?

No. But how would you fill it in the morning? Disassemble the BTS system?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never question Lucy! NEVER!

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't dug around to see her race setup, but any chance she removed them after the photo shoot? I know I have 5 cages on my bike during training (i can knock out 100+ mile rides with just one stop) but on race day I only have two cages on my bike. It's just a matter of when I get around to taking them off.
Quote Reply
Re: How much fluid can Lucy need?? [Gtjojo189] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gtjojo189 wrote:
I haven't dug around to see her race setup, but any chance she removed them after the photo shoot? I know I have 5 cages on my bike during training (i can knock out 100+ mile rides with just one stop) but on race day I only have two cages on my bike. It's just a matter of when I get around to taking them off.

Race day she get rid of the top tube bottle and seat tube bottle. I remember seeing the behind the saddle bottles on race day thinking isn’t that what the huge fin is for???

Pics:
https://drive.google.com/...gd/view?usp=drivesdk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think she really uses that bladder, fuel tank, sail, bike camel back, thingie.......
Quote Reply