Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How much Stan's in latex road tube?
Quote | Reply
I was putting some Stan's sealant in a latex road tube and their website said to put in the full 2 oz bottle. It seemed like a lot to me. For those of you that use it, how much do you use?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: How much Stan's in latex road tube? [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've put the whole 2oz in and it's not noticeable at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been told 1/3 of a bottle is enough for road tires. I put 1/2 in my tubulars.

Quote | Reply
I read somewhere on this forum recommend 1/2 ounce. I tried it in my tubulars, so far so good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does using stan's negate the benefit of latex vs. butyl?
Quote Reply
Re: How much Stan's in latex road tube? [npage148] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think so, but I'm not sure. Stan's is made of latex anyway and I think the improvement comes the mechanical interaction between the tube and the tire, and the sealant isn't in that area.

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
texafornia wrote:
I was putting some Stan's sealant in a latex road tube and their website said to put in the full 2 oz bottle. It seemed like a lot to me. For those of you that use it, how much do you use?

I know you can't fix stupid, but what is stans? Is it the slime stuff?
Quote Reply
Re: How much Stan's in latex road tube? [Tri or Die] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Google it:

https://www.google.ca/...amp;client=firefox-a

Click on the first link:

Award winning tire sealant from the folks that invented tubeless conversion and redefined puncture protection.

Unlike other tire sealants, Stan's Tire Sealant is a very thin, low viscosity liquid that coats the inside of the tire and carries with it specially formulated sealing crystals. The low viscous nature allows the sealant to quickly reach the puncture site and the crystals aid in sealing large holes, something which thicker or foaming style sealants cannot claim.

Stan's Tire Sealant will stay liquid in a mountain bike tire with a thin casing for 2-7 months on average. Riding in arid climates or storing the bike in a hot area will requires more frequent monitoring of sealant levels. Special anti-freeze agents allow the sealant to be used in environments as cold as -30° F.

A fresh new look to the packaging but the same great sealant within. Stan's Tire Sealant has always been non-hazardous, non-toxic and safe for the environment so we decided it was time to make that fact a little more well known.
Quote Reply