Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How many self seal flats on tubeless...
Quote | Reply
How small punctures that self seal can you have on a tubeless before you need to change the tire? I have had 4 small punctures, all sealed and the tire held adequate air pressure but I’m thinking I should replace the tire. 3 sealed almost immediately, the 4th was a little larger but sealed after holding pressure on it and didn’t need a plug. These are on a Schwalbe Pro One, only have about 400 miles on the tires. Previously had the stock Giant tires on a TCR SL that went 6,000 miles and never had a puncture so I’m a little disappointed in these.
Last edited by: roubaixman: Apr 30, 21 13:26
Quote Reply
Re: How many self seal flats on tubeless... [roubaixman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roubaixman wrote:
These are on a Schwarzenegger Pro One, only have about 400 miles on the tires.

Great auro correct. Haha
Quote Reply
Re: How many self seal flats on tubeless... [roubaixman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
roubaixman wrote:
How small punctures that self seal can you have on a tubeless before you need to change the tire? I have had 4 small punctures, all sealed and the tire held adequate air pressure but I’m thinking I should replace the tire. 3 sealed almost immediately, the 4th was a little larger but sealed after holding pressure on it and didn’t need a plug. These are on a Schwarzenegger Pro One, only have about 400 miles on the tires. Previously had the stock Giant tires on a TCR SL that went 6,000 miles and never had a puncture so I’m a little disappointed in these.

I didn't realize Ahhnald had a line of tubeless tires. :-) I've had MTB tires with innumerable punctures that kept performing fine. I had more than 4 punctures on my original set of Hutchinson tubeless and I ran them until the tread was worn out. I don't personally think you need to worry as long as they're sealing up.
Quote Reply
Re: How many self seal flats on tubeless... [offpiste.reese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Frickin’ autocorrect.
Quote Reply