Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How long should a treadmill last?
Quote | Reply
I purchased a Vision Fitness 9500HRT treadmill in Dec. of 2003 and now the repair tech is saying that it needs $450 worth of parts (new belt, deck and bumpers). None of this is covered under warranty.

FYI - Vision did replace the frame after about 1.5 yrs. because a weld in the frame failed. I'm only 170 lbs., so I wasn't putting excessive stress on the frame.

Not sure how many miles I've put on the mill, but if I had to guess, I'd say around 3,000.
Quote Reply
Re: How long should a treadmill last? [purple hayes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a Landice because it had a lifetime warranty. They replaced the motor last year ($800s worth!) for free; I had to pay the labor.
The problem with an older treadmill, like a car, is that you will probably always have to replace parts. I am not surprised at the repairs you are making to yours. Maybe you are at a juncture of deciding to keep putting money into this one, or junking it and getting a new one with a better warranty or the option of purchasing an extended warranty. I am assuming your tech is from the store from where you bought the treadmill; try talking to Vision yourself and see if they'll waranty any of the parts you need.
Subaru did this for me; a $600 catalytic converter even though the warranty had expired. Never hurts to ask!

"In order to arrive at what you are not, you must move throught the way in which you are not."
T.S. Elliot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Forever because you should be running outside!!

; ^ )

-----------------------------Baron Von Speedypants
-----------------------------RunTraining articles here:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...runtraining;#1612485
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My advice for you would be to buy a new treadmill and let that one be your dog treadmill. Unless your dog treadmill is relatively new and in that case I would just switch.

Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: How long should a treadmill last? [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My advice for you would be to buy a new treadmill and let that one be your dog treadmill. Unless your dog treadmill is relatively new and in that case I would just switch.

Hope this helps.

My sides hurt :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Call Vision Fitness about this ! Sometimes that can work with you.
Quote Reply