Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How long can you hold your breath
Quote | Reply
https://www.outsideonline.com/...olding-research-2020

2:37 for average study subjects. I don't think I would last that long.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: How long can you hold your breath [spockwaslen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The author acknowledges it, but that 2:37 average hold time seems absurd. I don't think I would be anywhere close to that right now. I haven't looked into the source material yet, but it feels like that may not have been the most random of subjects.

It is kind of crazy how well your body can learn to hold it's breath though. Right now I'm not in good shape for it, but during a summer I was lifeguarding I was doing a lot of underwater work and eventually got to the point where I could do an underwater 75 from a dive. Lost the ability to do that in probably 3 months of no swimming though.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: How long can you hold your breath [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kate Winslet can hold her breath for 7 minutes!

I know how random that is. I used to be capable of 2 mins +, but not now.
Quote Reply
Re: How long can you hold your breath [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As with any sports ability, with the proper technique and warm-up, in a few minutes almost anyone can hold their breath for 2 minutes. It is not just to breath in and close the mouth...
The practice of apnea requieres a lot of mind set and relaxation techniques. But nothing crazy. To compete in freediving, spearfishing, or underwater-swimming, is another story. Just like to finish an IM in 16:59:59 in contrast to a 07:50:00...

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Quote Reply