Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How long before someone sells an aftermarket aero extension “sleeve”
Quote | Reply
A kinda One-size-fits-most, slide-over-your-extension dealio, to turn regular round extensions to d2zero or aerocoach ascalon-like extensions (but with a small profile)?

For not $750 bucks, considering the materials needed?

Kinda like what this guy has done, as a clever diy?

http://www.floataero.com/...ension-additions.pdf

Better yet ... how long before some enterprising STers create a 3D printer file?
Quote Reply
Re: How long before someone sells an aftermarket aero extension “sleeve” [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got to look in the right places. Rob's (float) idea works, but isn't the greatest shape.

What I've done for some people is take their current setup, measure the distance between extensions and forearms, cut some foam board to take up that distance, shape it however they want and then wrap that with a couple layers of carbon. It's usually ugly, but you can do it quickly and since it's using a stock extension you have a lot less to worry about with making it structurally sound.

I've got some different extensions built and ready for 3d printing (for plugs mainly, although I suspect you could print them out real then wrap them in carbon and melt out the middle if you really wanted to) as well, and you can check out the things Mathias is doing (@Roadrunner_fab on instagram) some of his stuff was designed like that.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How long before someone sells an aftermarket aero extension “sleeve” [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope that's fast because damn, it sure ain't pretty.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: How long before someone sells an aftermarket aero extension “sleeve” [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:

That's the problem, because without expensive testing you won't know.

Ergo dogleg wrist-support style handgrips that plug in to straight tubes might have a market, but I wouldn't trust cheaply 3D printed parts...
Last edited by: MattyK: Oct 19, 20 16:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing that what we'll see are 22.2 extensions with improved shaping (vs. retrofits onto a consumer's existing extensions).

Something akin to the Zipp Vuks eTap extensions; but a bit more formed, no electronics, and a lot cheaper (closer to the cost of round CF extensions).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: How long before someone sells an aftermarket aero extension “sleeve” [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
I'm guessing that what we'll see are 22.2 extensions with improved shaping

That's a really good guess, though there might be some surprising elements
Quote Reply
Re: How long before someone sells an aftermarket aero extension “sleeve” [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:

There’s little that is inherently pretty in tri - it’s only when we move from a material good to something that’s pretty because of its meaning to us, that much of what we consume becomes pretty.

What I have in mind In this thread is the consumer equivalent of the wheel builder /CH aero disk cover, but for aero bar extensions. I want cheap, effective, and every bit as good as a halo product (am I using that correctly?) that costs 10x as much, but with the unnecessary excesses discarded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is actually a great idea. I've thought about kids soccer shin guards like TJ used to make his prototype bars. Zipp-tie dem bitches on there like the good ol days when you wanted something "integrated".
But to be suitable for the mass market you'd almost have to have a line up of solutions for different shapes and bends of extension. What would easily slide over one might not slide over the other.... I suppose a good amount of silly puddy oughta do the trick too.
Last edited by: 22nealr: Oct 20, 20 19:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are an engineering company specialized in 3d printing, we have immersed ourselves in the world of cycling, manufacturing almost any type of custom parts.

Our main products today are aerobars and tool boxes, with the main characteristic that each and every one of our articles are 100% sized for the bicycle that is desired, or the arms of the cyclist.

http://uniqocustombikes.com/

Greetings.

Quote Reply