Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How long before Gu goes bad in a gel flask?
Quote | Reply
I have one of those gel flask bike transporter things tied to the top tube of my bike which holds about 5 packs of Gu. I did a 1/2 Ironman this past weekend and didn't finish all of the gel (it's about 1/2 full and still sitting in the flask). It did sit in the sun while I rode the bike and ran, but it still smells like the same delicious Vanilla Bean Gu I first put it in. Here's the question: how long can it safely stay in the flask? Thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: How long before Gu goes bad in a gel flask? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NOT VERY LONG!!! I had a flask full of hammer gel that i took one swig out of at tinman and thought i was going to lose it. it was all sour and nasty, and then i had to figure out a way to get some calories the rest of the race. don't chance it, put some new gel in that blickie.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: How long before Gu goes bad in a gel flask? [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe if I let it go bad enough, take a swig and spit it out, I'll set the bike course record at Tupper Lake, like you. Man, you were smokin. Congrats. I was racing there too, and the bike portion wasn't exactly a cakewalk (nor, for that matter were the swim and run portions). Good luck with your upcoming races!
Quote Reply
Re: How long before Gu goes bad in a gel flask? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've kept gui in the flask for weeks without problem. Best to keep it in the fridge though.

Cheers,
dt.
Quote Reply