Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How important is a zero offset
Quote | Reply
Race yesterday, forgot to zero offset beforehand. Power was 40-50 watts below what i have previously done for that speed. I use a quarq s975 power meter if that helps. I know it's important to set the offset, but I didn't think it would be that different.
Quote Reply
Re: How important is a zero offset [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never zero offset my Powertap C1.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you do zero offset, how much do the numbers vary ? 40 watts is a lot
Quote Reply
Re: How important is a zero offset [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The zero offset number on my C1 rarely changes much anyhow.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
40W is a lot of a Quarq, although I believe you may not have the better temperature compensation on that model. Battery ok?

You know you can perform a zero on the bike by back pedalling? https://quarq.zendesk.com/...erform-an-Auto-Zero-

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: How important is a zero offset [marcag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually doesn't vary by more than 10-15. Nothing too out of the ordinary.
Quote Reply
Re: How important is a zero offset [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Battery was changed at the beginning of the summer. Probably should have done that, but i wasn't thinking there would be any issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Race yesterday, forgot to zero offset beforehand. Power was 40-50 watts below what i have previously done for that speed. I use a quarq s975 power meter if that helps. I know it's important to set the offset, but I didn't think it would be that different.

I used to have a s975 (currently have ELSA and Riken) but if I remember correctly you can spin the crank backwards 4 to 5 revolutions to zero as well. I know on a couple of rides where I forgot at the start I did this, but never looked at the data closely enough after the ride to see if it made any difference. I generally am pretty good about zeroing the offset before training inside or outside because it seemed like people said to do so.

The other thing I remember about the S975 was how much it changed in a winter or spring ride with quick temperature changes. On a winter ride I would zero at the start and then did a spin backwards about 10 to 15 miles into the ride because of taking it out of a warm vehicle into cold weather. I guess the spin backwards while in motion works.
Quote Reply