Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2
Quote | Reply
Just like the title says. I’ve got the original and like them. Heard the 2’s have a firmer ride to them.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2 [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had not tried the original, but I like the Turbo 2. Has a nice bounce to it and feels fast. I used to use the Zoom Fly as my fast training shoe to practice in something similar in feel to the 4%, but the Turbo 2 feel much more similar to the 4%

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2 [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran in the Turbo 2 a few days ago and sitting on the couch post run with Turbo on now. I don't notice anything different with the ride the versions only a nicer upper with the 2. They are my sole training shoes now soft ride and feel like a fast shoe I really enjoy running in not that dissimilar to the 4% or Next% I race in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw these on sale and picked them up for $95 to race in and will try them out this week hopefully. About 7oz will be the lightest shoe I have worn and like others have said, I have heard and assume they are very similar to the 4% and next without the carbon plate.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2 [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where'd you find that deal?
Quote Reply
Re: How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2 [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackrabbit. All they have left now are the all white ones and appears to be a full run of sizes so only the woman’s version is In a similar sale currently...then find a 10% off coupon on top.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2 [turdburgler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pegasus Turbo 2 is on sale at the Nike website right now. $140-$160 depending on the color plus 20% off on top of that with code WINSTREAK.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2 [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I looked at that as well because they had more
Color options, but when testing in the cart, the sale price listed already included the 20% off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really love it - already second pair and already looking for a deal to get the next pair (I put around 600km max on a pair)

The only drawback compared to the Turbo 1 is the heel cup that offers less support and feels maybe less reassuring. I don't have any heel issue so that works fine with me but a friend of mine with a weak heel prefers the Turbo1 and is stocking them.

Instagram
Youtube Channel
Meta Endurance

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:
Pegasus Turbo 2 is on sale at the Nike website right now. $140-$160 depending on the color plus 20% off on top of that with code WINSTREAK.

I actually ordered the women’s 1.5 sizes bigger. We will see how that works.

Quote Reply
Re: How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2 [H2Owings] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H2Owings wrote:
I looked at that as well because they had more
Color options, but when testing in the cart, the sale price listed already included the 20% off.

Not for me. Make sure you’re looking in the extra 20% off section.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2 [Shambolic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"They are my sole training shoes now soft ride and feel like a fast shoe I really enjoy running in not that dissimilar to the 4% or Next% I race in."
---------------------------------
Explain this a little further if you would please. The Next % works very well for me, but the 4% not at all. The latter is just very unstable on my foot whereas the Next % (for me) seems quite stable. So, I'm trying to figure out where the Turbo 2 lies. Thank you,

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have both the 1s and 2s and actually prefer the originals. The ride in both feels the same to me, but I like the upper in the originals even if they are a bit heavier.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2 [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 4% comes into its own at speed so their response when racing at around 4'/km or faster for me is amazing but at 5'/km not so much. The Next% seems more stable and energy response feels better at slower speeds. The Turbo feels great across all speeds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stability in comparison to the two?

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you like the Pegasus turbo 2 [david] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More stable than the 4%
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
The 4% comes into its own at speed so their response when racing at around 4'/km or faster for me is amazing but at 5'/km not so much. The Next% seems more stable and energy response feels better at slower speeds. The Turbo feels great across all speeds.

Have there been any tests on time saved between the turbo and 4%

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shambolic wrote:
More stable than the 4%

I agree, the Turbo 2 is more stable than the 4%

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:

Here we are a couple of months later, I picked up some at the Nike Outlet store in Toronto (Vaughan Mills) for $78 USD yesterday ($105 CAD). Just had my first run in them and they feel great. Light and stable. Usually run in Hokas but at that price I got convinced to give them a shot.
Quote Reply