Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do you know your body has recovered enough?
Quote | Reply
How do most multi-sport athletes know when their bodies have recovered enough to execute another taxing HIT or long workout? Do most athletes follow a 24/48 hour same sport rule? Monitor Resting Heart Rate? Go by gut feeling? ...I assume most aren't monitoring their HRV.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you know your body has recovered enough? [Arcuser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For me, I just have some general rules I follow by race distance and time.

Generally for every hour of race, takes about a week of recovery.

Or for every mile of running, takes about a day of recovery.

Recovery meaning that I can still work out in z1/z2 but nothing (or very limited time) in Z3/z4.

After a 10k, I'm usually good by mid-week. Oly race the same.

A HIM usually takes a few weeks, more so in headspace than physical recovery.

And about 6 weeks for an IM.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you know your body has recovered enough? [Jonathan22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If i recovered like that i would never be able to train. most people go with every hour of racing 1 day for recovery. AS for the rest of the time goes you sound like it may help you to buy a plan to follow and see what a coach would have you do.. or hire a coach.
Quote Reply
Re: How do you know your body has recovered enough? [Cookiebuilder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cookiebuilder wrote:
If i recovered like that i would never be able to train. most people go with every hour of racing 1 day for recovery. AS for the rest of the time goes you sound like it may help you to buy a plan to follow and see what a coach would have you do.. or hire a coach.

x2.

Feel it out or 1h = 1d.

The first post contradicts itself...

Grow with data: Dynamic Sports Data | eBay store
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before hrv, used resting morning heart rate. And if did hard session then checked soreness level next day. Sleep also an indicator.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arcuser wrote:
How do most multi-sport athletes know when their bodies have recovered enough to execute another taxing HIT or long workout? Do most athletes follow a 24/48 hour same sport rule? Monitor Resting Heart Rate? Go by gut feeling? ...I assume most aren't monitoring their HRV.

I follow a plan typically and go by feel. Feel being, Am I sleeping okay. Am I more fatigued than normal during workouts. Am I having to cut workouts short or reduce intensity. Depending on what I'm training I do attempt to have either a recovery day or less intense workout the day after a hard workout. For my first IM, I hired a coach for the first time and it was the best money I ever spent. Not just for a customized plan but really because she kept me healthy and not overly fatigued. And a lot of questions I got from her were related to both my physical and mental state after workouts making sure I wasn't getting too burned out.
Quote Reply