Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How do I go to first unread post on each thread? (On iPad)
Quote | Reply
How do I go to the first post I hAvnt read in each thread
I’m on iPad
Other forums I visit i just hit a certain spot on each topic heading and you go to the first post you hAvnt read

At the moment if I open the thread I just go to the last page and or last post in each thread dispite me sometimes not even read any of the thread or if I have read it before I end up having to go backwards to find where I last read
Very frustrating
Must be a way to go to last unread post , but I can’t work it out
Help please
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: How do I go to first unread post on each thread? (On iPad) [ironpo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure about the impact of hardware, but I experience the same 'forgetfulness' of my last read post in a thread when I'm not logged in (Win10, Chrome OS, FireOS). Maybe double check that you are logged in, scan a thread to a known post, logout, and return. If you are not auto logged in, maybe you'll get post #1 in that thread. If you are logged in, then I *think* that you'll return to where you left off...
Quote Reply
Re: How do I go to first unread post on each thread? (On iPad) [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My experience is the same on the computer, iphone or ipad. I'm not sure if it's time based or what, but if you haven't been to the thread in "a while" (24 hours? more? less? I don't know), then the site doesn't remember where you were. Or it could be that if you go to the thread on the ipad, then the computer, then back to the ipad it forgets were you were?

It is frustrating! Especially with really long threads.

BUT, I'm not paying anything to be one forum and there are a town of ads like some other forums I am on, so I live with the frustration, secretly hoping that whoever owns the forum (Sloman?) wins the lotto and will upgrade it. (Again, not complaining.)

Not a coach. Not a FOP Tri/swimmer/biker/runner. Barely a MOP AGer.
But I'm learning and making progress.
Quote Reply
Re: How do I go to first unread post on each thread? (On iPad) [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh, my experience is that the 'last read post' isn't time sensitive and it performas across the platforms I'm listed (none Apple). Some sore of Apple browser / cookies sort of weirdness?
Quote Reply
Re: How do I go to first unread post on each thread? (On iPad) [giorgitd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
giorgitd wrote:
Huh, my experience is that the 'last read post' isn't time sensitive and it performas across the platforms I'm listed (none Apple). Some sore of Apple browser / cookies sort of weirdness?
Is there actually a last read post button to click on in ST?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: How do I go to first unread post on each thread? (On iPad) [LEBoyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LEBoyd wrote:
My experience is the same on the computer, iphone or ipad. I'm not sure if it's time based or what, but if you haven't been to the thread in "a while" (24 hours? more? less? I don't know), then the site doesn't remember where you were. Or it could be that if you go to the thread on the ipad, then the computer, then back to the ipad it forgets were you were?

It is frustrating! Especially with really long threads.

BUT, I'm not paying anything to be one forum and there are a town of ads like some other forums I am on, so I live with the frustration, secretly hoping that whoever owns the forum (Sloman?) wins the lotto and will upgrade it. (Again, not complaining.)
Agree I’m not complaining just wondering if I’m doing something wrong

For Eg
I just clicked on the “post workout nutrition “ thread which I hadn’t been to at all and it took me to about the third last post
I clicked on the title

I thEn clicked on this thread but clicked on the little arrow that is next to the last posters name and it took me to the last post (which isn’t allways the case )and I missed your post which is the second last post

Doesn’t seem to be consistent
Only use it on iPad , not pc or anything
Quote Reply