Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How determine size of a Litespeed?
Quote | Reply
I have a 2002 Saber with 650 wheels and am not sure of the size. Was sizing in 2002 the length of the top tube? If so I have a 55 (no longer offered in 650c)

The web site has geometry for 2003 on so doesn't have measurements for the 2002's. Does anyone know where these are available?
Quote Reply
Re: How determine size of a Litespeed? [Brent F] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to measure from the center of the BB shell to the center of the top tube. (along the seat tube, not the top tube)

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have a 2002 Saber with 650 wheels and am not sure of the size. Was sizing in 2002 the length of the top tube? If so I have a 55 (no longer offered in 650c)

The web site has geometry for 2003 on so doesn't have measurements for the 2002's. Does anyone know where these are available?
Time Trial Frames

The Saber and Blade are measured from the center of the bottom bracket to the top of the seat tube, but on the Blade 10cm have to be deducted because of the extended seat tube. The top tube length is measured from the centerline at the top of the seat tube to the point at which a horizontal line meets the centerline of the head tube. NOTE: The horizontal intersection at the head tube may intersect at a point in space above the actual head tube but along its centerline.

http://www.litespeed.com/bikes/2005/sizing.aspx Their method of measuring sizes has not changed.
Last edited by: Diablo-Advocato: Sep 9, 05 21:23
Quote Reply
Re: How determine size of a Litespeed? [record10carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Chip,

My frame is the old size 55 with 650 wheels. I'm considering a Litespeed road bike and was wondering what size to look at. I realize the best thing is to try one out but sometimes there are great deals via mail or used. Do their bikes tend to fit the same size across the line or do tri / road bikes fit in different sizes?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Flip it upside down and look on the underside of the bottom bracket shell. There's a serial number that should contain the size - something like 76484 L, where the last number/letter is the frame size.
Quote Reply